Community Forum

2 year lock in rate and bill goes up

Highlighted
New Poster

2 year lock in rate and bill goes up

We thought we locked in a rate with comcast December of 2019. The rate was supposed to be $191.57 for two years. Fast forward to March of 2020 and our monthly rate is now $198.33. I believe you (Comcast) have not held up your end of our agreement of providing me with a service for two years at a locked in rate. You raised my monthly rate without consulting me and without my permission. I tried to talk with a customer service rep, but he wasn't able to communicate with me so that I could understand him or him me. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he told me there wasn't one available. I am extremely frustrated with the service and billing practices that your company is providing. I'm expecting to have someone in authority contact me to resolve this issue.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: 2 year lock in rate and bill goes up

@Tamark57 wrote:

We thought we locked in a rate with comcast December of 2019. The rate was supposed to be $191.57 for two years. Fast forward to March of 2020 and our monthly rate is now $198.33. I believe you (Comcast) have not held up your end of our agreement of providing me with a service for two years at a locked in rate. You raised my monthly rate without consulting me and without my permission. I tried to talk with a customer service rep, but he wasn't able to communicate with me so that I could understand him or him me. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he told me there wasn't one available. I am extremely frustrated with the service and billing practices that your company is providing. I'm expecting to have someone in authority contact me to resolve this issue.

Your package plan should not increase unless you make a change, however, equipment fees, taxes and surcharges are all subject to change.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: 2 year lock in rate and bill goes up

Compare your bills, what exactly went up?  Comcast is sneaky.