Community Forum

2 year contract is ending soon, I may need to cancel my service...

Frequent Visitor

2 year contract is ending soon, I may need to cancel my service...

hello, my 2 year contract will probably be ending this month and I am worried b/c I cannot afford to pay the regular price for the package I have - starter triple play ( includes phone but we never use it.) Even the promotional price we have had for these 2 years has slowly gone up and is too expensive now, I really need to downgrade to just Internet & tv( again we have never needed the phone service) or cancel and get the AT&T Internet offer I received in the mail(which is much more affordable.) I am on disability benefits  and live alone with my elderly mother who is retired and every year gets harder on us financially . Id appreciate any help in this matter, thanks.

New Poster

Re: 2 year contract is ending soon, I may need to cancel my service...

We are doign the same thing... we have been with Comcast for nearly 20 years but I can't pay the "old" customer charges Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

there's been months we've come close to having to cut service completely b/c it was such a stra on us financially... food, rent, and medical bills are a necessity and always have to come first. But cutting it would mean paying a "break contract" fee which I want to avoid. Paying the full price triple starter package fee is just not doable for us. I need to downgrade by removing the phone option which was part of the original triple starter package, since we never use it.

Frequent Visitor

Same here! Our contract is over and I most certainly don’t look forward to haggling for a better deal. We would love to just stream, but there are too many confusing options out there. So we will be calling Comcast to see if something can be worked out for just internet and cable, otherwise we will go with AT and T who offer internet and cable packages. Our cable, internet and phone has been on and off for months, so now they finally agreed to come out and had to replace the main outside cable line. Where’s our credit for all the lost time, Comcast.?!

New Poster

`For us - we are way beyond any contract, heck when we first got comcast there WAS not contract - it's literally been that long. But ca n't justify not switching any more

Frequent Visitor

I also have the option of Verizon Fios for Internet and tv.  I would have to figure out how streaming through a tv set  works though. I know how to  stream through  my computer but my mom would need to watch on the regular tv set.  I guess I could get her regular antenna setup for the local channels.

Frequent Visitor

bumping the thread b/c I seem to have been looked over. Can I get any help? Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Hello, all. 

I understand the importance of having a low bill, and I would love to help take a look at options to lower the monthly rate. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!