Community Forum

2 year contract ending. how much will my bill change?

Highlighted
New Poster

2 year contract ending. how much will my bill change?

I'm at the end of my 2 year contract, I have Triple Play service for a base rate of $80/month before DVR and all the other fees. Is there any way to know how much it will go up? Looking at the initial contract it looks like the rate might nearly double for me.

I can't afford to stay with Comcast if the bill gets any higher. I'd like to renew and get the new customer deal Comcast has now, $80/month and a $100 Visa gift card. Verizon's deal right now is even better, $80/month with a $200 Visa card. 

I was with Comcast 4 years ago and a rate increase sent me to Verizon for 2 years, then they raised rates and I came back to Comcast. Do I really have to keep playing this game and bounce back and forth to get a decent deal and avoid having my rates go way up?

When I cancelled with Verizon 2 years ago, 1 week later they offered me a great deal and I would have stayed... but it was too late, I already switched. I wonder if this will happen again if I leave Comcast. Can I just get a decent deal comparable to the new customer offer so that I'm not forced to switch companies every 2 years? I don't want to switch but if it means saving hundreds of dollars a year I don't really have a choice.