Community Forum

2 year contract ending. Assistance with plan changes/renewing triple play?

New Poster

2 year contract ending. Assistance with plan changes/renewing triple play?

I'm looking to make some changes to our triple play plan.  2 year contract is ending in like 2 weeks, i believe.  Equipment will stay the same.  Thanks.

New Poster

Re: 2 year contract ending. Assistance with plan changes/renewing triple play?

Yeah I want to know what was the solution to this question?
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately there's hasn't been any solution. I haven't gotten any responses.  Our two year contact is now up.  I'm going to be testing out the live tv streaming services (youtube, hulu, ps vue, dtv now) and maybe keep the internet/phone service.  Our monthly bill is just too much now.

Contributor

Make sure to keep your eye on data usage.  We got rid of the Triple Play, since we were already running into issues with the 1 TB cap and had to pay the $50/mo for unlimited data.  I figured if we were paying for unlimited data anyways, might as well ditch the phone and TV.  We have the Performance Plus 500 Mbps option  +$50 for unlimited now for a little over $150/mo.  Even with the monthly fee for fuboTV (about $50) and Ooma (2 lines of phone service for $5/mo), we're saving quite a bit.  We also have our own modem, so there's no rental fees - be warned, they will use that as an excuse every time there's an issue, even if its from the approved list.  Just keep calling, be polite, and document everything.  It took 6 months before they admitted there was an issue with the cable from the street to our house (bare piece of black coax cable buried 4-6 inches deep, no conduit.  They put conduit in, and everything was good for 3 months, until the rainy season.  Turns out, electrical tape wrapped around a splitter doesn't help much when it's submerged in almost a foot of water... took 2 tech's to find that one.  The most recent "oh it's your modem" issue turned out to be a "Friday fix" someone did one street over, and didn't take the time to see if it impacted any of the downstream customers like us. 

If you don't document everything and keep following up, they'll just blame it on your equipment... and try to bill you for any service visits!