Community Forum

19.61% and the run around.

Regular Visitor

19.61% and the run around.

I have been a customer of Comcast for probably 40 years. Unfortunately most of that is because they were the only choice. Every once in a while they do something to make me happy and I think maybe they aren't so bad, but now I have a choice and I think I'm going with U-verse. My November bill was up 19.61% over October's bill. Now I have been nickeled and dimed with increases from $145.00 to $160.00 over the past two years as well as the loss of channels I wanted. Since receiving my bill, I've chatted with customer service, which was a horrible experience that took hours to complete and by the end I still wasn't happy. All that typing and it is so impersonal, just like texting, and I hate texting. I finally got to talk to an actual person, but she spoke with a foreign accent that was barely intelligible. I want to keep the exact plan I have, but at a somewhat lower cost. I would even split the difference, 9.805% is a nice increase. Add to that this increase of 19.61% is every month, so that the increase is actually 235.32% per year. I am a retired teacher, and I get a whopping 1% cost of living increase a year. That is quite a difference, Xfinity gets 234% more that I do. I have never gotten to get any promotions such as HBO or Cinemax or Showtime for 6 months, because I have never been a new customer. Somehow it doesn't seem right that Comcast does not reward their loyal customers, but instead wants to focus on new customer promotions. Additionally, after searching the website, I find that the price the offered me by customer service, on a different package than the one I had,  was more than the price that plan was offered on the Xfinity website. After going around and around with the representative on the phone, I said "if I can just get the $10.00 autopay discount, I'd just keep what I had at the new cost less the discount, because at least I wasn't locked in to a 24 month contract". She said she would escalate my call so that I could get that discount. Now mind you, I have been on auto pay and paperless billing for years and never have gotten any discount. I have also had previous experience with being escalated to another department...it is synonymous with "you won't get a call back (or a discount) and I want to get off the phone with you". I do not appreciate being treated like this, so after all this time I have an option and I think it looks like I will be going to U-verse. Going to try one more phone call, and pray for someone that speaks English well, and see if I can at least get my autopay discount, only because it is no fun to change up equipment.  Customers and customer service does not appear to be as much of a priority as they would like us to think.