Community Forum

$140 of bill increases in promo period / charging for a modem I don't have

New Poster

$140 of bill increases in promo period / charging for a modem I don't have

Good morning,

I am a Comcast customer and am currently under a two year promo offer until mid-next year.  I just audited my service and noticed you guys have been changing my bill and adding new fees since May 2018 bills.  The amounts seem to vary and go up every few months and have little consistency to them.  Worse yet you started charging me internet equipment fees in July and I own my own modem!

I used my April 2018 bill as a baseline for what I should have been charged and added up the itemized additions below.  Since May I have been charged an extra $140.51 in both erroneous and ever changing additional fees.  I would like to get this overage credited back to my account ASAP.  I would also like to get the fees changed back to their April 2018 price points (minus the internet equipment fees which need to be gone entirely).  The service discounts to the fees need to apply for my full promo period like my package price does.  To me removing these early is a dirty practice as this was not even a price increase but a promo fee removal.

Please let me know what can be done to correct this ASAP.  I am not happy to see such billing inconsistency and changing fees during my promo period.  It makes me very wary of staying with your company past my current promo period.  The addition of the internet rental fee is the most ridiculous though.  I would think your system can see the equipment I have.

Itemization of account billing changes since April 2018 baseline:

May 2018 – ($8.51 increase from April baseline)

• Digital preferred cost jumped $8.51 per month

June 2018 – ($8.51 increase from April baseline)

• Digital preferred cost was still an extra $8.51 per month

July 2018 - ($21.45 increase from April baseline)

• Internet Speed Increase went up $1.94 per month
  • Internet equipment rental of $11 was added (I have my own modem and none of your equipment!!!!!)

August 2018 – ($24.51 increase from April baseline)

• Internet Speed Increase went up another $3.06 per month (in addition to the 1.94 from last month)
  • Internet equipment rental of $11 was added (I have my own modem and none of your equipment!!!!!)

September 2018 – ($24.51 increase from April baseline)

• Internet Speed Increase went up another $3.06 per month (in addition to the 1.94 from last month)
  • Internet equipment rental of $11 was still there (I have my own modem and none of your equipment!!!!!)

October 2018 – ($26.51 increase from April baseline)

• Internet equipment rental went up $2 (in addition to the previous $11 - I have my own modem and none of your equipment!!!!!)

November 2018 – ($26.51 increase from April baseline)

• Internet equipment rental went up $2 (in addition to the previous $11 - I have my own modem and none of your equipment!!!!!)
Official Employee

Re: $140 of bill increases in promo period / charging for a modem I don't have

Hello, bthomas5021. I can explain any changes to the bill and go over it with you. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I click on your name and I don't seem to have the ability to send a private message.  Can you check my profile and see if this needs to be enabled?  I Googled it and this seems to be a common problem.

Official Employee

Can you please make sure you have the most recent flash update on your device and try again? If you continue to have issues, feel free to access this link which will provide more assistance with private messages. Please let me know if you are still unable to send a Private Message!

To send me a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!