Community Forum

$14 monthly modem rental

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

$14 monthly modem rental

I know the obvious answer to my question is that comcast would lose money but I was wondering why comcast keeps charging a monthly rental for a modem that over the years I have paid for many times over?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: $14 monthly modem rental

@oldsouthpark11 wrote:

I know the obvious answer to my question is that comcast would lose money but I was wondering why comcast keeps charging a monthly rental for a modem that over the years I have paid for many times over?

1. Because you're renting it; it isn't rent to own
  2. Because you continue to pay for it
  3. You're paying for it because you haven't bought one of your own

😉

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am saying that after charging a monthly rental fee for years and years for a piece of equipment that I need to receive the service and without it I wouldn't have to pay Comcast for service because Comcast wouldn't be able to supply service. They never said "do you want to rent this from us or do you want to purchase your own". That option was never addressed and I didn't know that I had a choice.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It's extremely rare that salespeople recommend getting someone else's product or service, so I always recommend you start reading forums like this one before you sign up! 

By the way, today is the first day of the rest of your life!  At least you can save money moving forward!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

CONFUCIUS