Community Forum

$14.95 service discount

Regular Visitor

$14.95 service discount

Good morning,

I was receiving a service discount through my July 2018 bill. It is now gone without warning and my bill has increased by $14.95 plus taxes. 

I have the extreme speed increase with performance internet, so as you can see, I already pay for the top of the line package that you offer. I have been a loyal customer for years.

I am already signed up for eco bill and automatic payments, so I am not sure why I have been punished by having this removed.

I would like to know why this was removed without warning and if so, how can I have it reinstated? If I can't, I will be shopping for another provider that cares about customers, communicates clearly with them, and values their continued patronage.

Sincerely,

Jen Larsen

Expert

Re: $14.95 service discount

@schroedingercat wrote:

Good morning,

I was receiving a service discount through my July 2018 bill. It is now gone without warning and my bill has increased by $14.95 plus taxes. 

I have the extreme speed increase with performance internet, so as you can see, I already pay for the top of the line package that you offer. I have been a loyal customer for years.

I am already signed up for eco bill and automatic payments, so I am not sure why I have been punished by having this removed.

I would like to know why this was removed without warning and if so, how can I have it reinstated? If I can't, I will be shopping for another provider that cares about customers, communicates clearly with them, and values their continued patronage.

Sincerely,

Jen Larsen

It sounds as though you were on some kind of a promotion that expired.  Check your current bill with past bills to see where this charge was and is no longer.

Also, read any notes that have come with your bills for the last three months to see if there is a mention of this.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price. We offer customers an introductory discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist with a review of lower-priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name exactly as it’s listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I also lost my discount of $14.16 with no warning a couple of weeks ago. Last time I had a promotional offer that ended was over a year ago. When I called Comcast(twice) after my original promotion ended and I was told I cannot get any more discounts. When I first saw the $14.16 discount, I was told it was because I had the triple play package. I will need to cut the cord. I am now heading to just under $300 a month and it is just too much for me to pay. I was told I can get just the Internet for about $100 a month through Comcast and my speeds will remain the same (varies from about 125 to 250 up). I think this is now the way to go. If not, I will need to find a different service (we have 3 in my area).

Official Employee

dimi007 wrote: 

I also lost my discount of $14.16 with no warning a couple of weeks ago. Last time I had a promotional offer that ended was over a year ago. When I called Comcast(twice) after my original promotion ended and I was told I cannot get any more discounts. When I first saw the $14.16 discount, I was told it was because I had the triple play package. I will need to cut the cord. I am now heading to just under $300 a month and it is just too much for me to pay. I was told I can get just the Internet for about $100 a month through Comcast and my speeds will remain the same (varies from about 125 to 250 up). I think this is now the way to go. If not, I will need to find a different service (we have 3 in my area).

Hello dimi007, I can assist you with finding a better deal or more discounts for your services. To get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi dimi007, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.