Community Forum

xFi fails to register Access Rule schedules that start after 11:30PM.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

xFi fails to register Access Rule schedules that start after 11:30PM.

In the xFi 1.2.2 APP on IOS when setting an "access rule" for a "profile" member in the form of a "bedtime mode" the scheduled time must start at 11:30PM or earlier.  Setting a time that begins at midnight or later will result in "We're having Some Trouble" error.  And the rule will not be set.  Reverting the slider to any time before Midnight will result in the setting being accepted and activated for the current profile.  Attempting to then change the time to any segment that begins later than 11:30pm will again cause the rule to fail. This applies to either the "school nights" or the "weekend nights" rule setting.

I was seeking a method to file a bug report but I saw no such mechanism on the site.  I have others, but this is was the most critical error with no workaround.  I also saw no other posts on this specific topic.

New Poster

Re: xFi fails to register Access Rule schedules that start after 11:30PM.

This is happening to me too. It is very frustrating. If you can not set the time after midnight why even show these times. This is part of why I chose xfi and payed the money to rent their router. To limit my kids' internet access during certain hours. On the weekend I do not want to limit them to before midnite. I will keep following to see if their is a fix or workaround. Thanks for posting I was oging crazy thinking I was just doing something wrong. And kept checking back later as the error message says haha.