Community Forum

kindle fire and homesecurity

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

kindle fire and homesecurity

I have the new kindle fire and would like to manage my home security with it, however, when I log in it is a blank white page. I tried to go to Google play and download the app from there but it is not compatible with my device. How soon can I hope to manage my security with my only smart device?

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: kindle fire and homesecurity

comcast will say:  thank you for your suggestion and we will pass it on to the appropriate team.    In short I would not hold your breath.  The just got the app for the tv working after it had been on other devices for two years. 

New Poster

I too just tried to download the Xfinity Home Security app and it is NOT available for the Kindle Fire HD.  I've written an email to Amazon.com thru the KFHD section "Feedback" in the "Help and Feedback" section and I'll continue to send a note EVERY day until one is out.  I hope you and others do the same.  And, I've posted here to remind others, too.

Contributor

The Xfinity Home app and most other Android apps are available on 1Mobile Market.

See this page for installation instructions:

http://www.lovemyfire.com/side-loading-apps-on-kindle-fire.html

I've installed both the Home app and Xfinity Connect apps on my Fire HD.

New Poster

Not interested in side-loading apps as it can cause serious problems with the Kindle Fire HD...thanks, but I'll wait for Xfinity Security to provide an app for the Kindle HD.

Contributor

No problem, I understand not wanting to take a risk.

For everyone else, I just want to clarify though: the only serious risk is downloading apps that contain viruses or malware.  If you download from a safe app store (like 1mobile.com), and only download apps from known developers (like Xfinity), you will not have a problem.  You could install a virus program for extra security as well.

I've never had a problem or known anyone else with a problem sideloading apps.

Regular Visitor

I wouldn't mind using 1mobile to get this app, but I don't like being hijacked for Facebook or Google account info. That's not really not what I have encountered from useful sites that I have sideloaded from before.