Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

iOS xfinity Connect not displaying emojis (but can send them)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

iOS xfinity Connect not displaying emojis (but can send them)

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.2:

When I send an email to my xfinity account from the xfinity Connect app, most emojis in the received email display as question marks on the phone when read in the Connect app. They also display as question marks in the preview line of the email in my Connect Inbox.

They also display as question marks in the received email read in my xfinity account in both Chrome or Safari on the phone. 

They also display as question marks in the Connect Sent folder.

However, the same email sent from Connect to my Gmail account displays the emojis correctly in the Gmail app on the same phone.

The emojis display correctly in email read in my xfinity account in desktop Chrome.

Sending emojis from the iOS Gmail app to the xfinity account: now they show up correctly in the preview line in the Connect Inbox, but as question marks in the opened message.

In the Gmail app, the message sent from Gmail show emojis correctly in both the preview line and the opened message.

So iOS Connect can't read most emojis sent from iOS Connect, even though other apps can read emojis sent from iOS Connect; and Connect can't display most emojis sent from iOS Gmail in the message body.

Is this a known issue?

Contributor

Re: iOS xfinity Connect not displaying emojis (but can send them)

Hi! I got a bit lost in the detail of your post but the issue I'm having is that Emojis look normal when I send but come out as scrambled code on recipient's device.

Incoming are fine except with someone who has Samsung product (they are SO full of bloatware I won't even take orders but for international versions (G or F models...NEVER T, V, or A....I procure and customize phones for high end clientele), even when I advise them to put in GBoard (preferred for Android).

I don't work on iOS at all as they are very limited in customization ability and pretty much impossible if locked (one is paying over time through a service provider for their phone in contract).

BUT Emojis should work REGARDLESS of device if set up properly.

I'm stumped!

So:

Emojis come out scrambled code to recipient.

And

Emojis come in as "?" from Samsung devices.

No one answered my post either.

😒😫
Regular Contributor

Seeing this too. Someone sends me a e-mail with an emoji and ?? shows instead on my iPhone.

This app is buggy. Going back to Apple's default mail app (a storage hog) is not an option.

I would love to know where this app's support is located. I have a pretty good idea it is on the other side of the world.

Contributor

I think that they simply don't train people well. That was evident from day one with their service (actually, when I ordered service).

I feel sorry for their Representatives.

I can get incoming from Apple product but can't send.

App IS buggy as heck but it is a feature not offered by other providers.

It's getting costly to me now though as people don't want to text me anymore.

I can't, to save my life, figure out what's wrong with the app.

The technicians I've encountered don't even know how to hook up a raw wifi connection (on a newly wiped computer) so what can be said?

Wonder if connect will work within another app that I've yet to find?