Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity TV app on Samsung Tab A

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Xfinity TV app on Samsung Tab A

I have downloaded the Xfinity TV app about 6 times on my Samsung Tab A and can't get it to work. Comcast wasn't any help so am hoping someone can help on the forum. When I try to open the app it sends me to my browser (Firefox) where it saves the tab and I sign in to my Comcast acct. and then it goes back to the app but will not open. I have started and restarted the tablet, still doesn't work. The xfinity Go app worked great and would love to have it back!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV app on Samsung Tab A

macdon1957 wrote:

I have downloaded the Xfinity TV app about 6 times on my Samsung Tab A and can't get it to work. Comcast wasn't any help so am hoping someone can help on the forum. When I try to open the app it sends me to my browser (Firefox) where it saves the tab and I sign in to my Comcast acct. and then it goes back to the app but will not open. I have started and restarted the tablet, still doesn't work. The xfinity Go app worked great and would love to have it back!

Can you change your default browser back to Chrome and try again? I suspect Firefox may be the issue here.

Contributor

Thanks, Dan. You were so right. I am just hoping I can put Firefox back as my default browser on the tablet. We shall see what happens when I do. You were very helpful. I was on Comcast support phone line today for a half hour and she was no help.

Official Employee

macdon1957 wrote:

Thanks, Dan. You were so right. I am just hoping I can put Firefox back as my default browser on the tablet. We shall see what happens when I do. You were very helpful. I was on Comcast support phone line today for a half hour and she was no help.

I'm glad that worked for you. Many Android apps are starting use use something called "Chrome Custom Tabs" for sign-in (Safari View Controller on iOS). You will likely run into this with other apps in the future but should have no problem switching back to Firefox in the meantime.

Contributor

Yes, I put the default back to Firefox and was able to open the Xfinity App just fine. I really appreciate your help.