Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity TV Mobile App - returns "Available to watch in home only"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity TV Mobile App - returns "Available to watch in home only"

Xfinity TV Mobile App - returns "Available to watch in home only".  We've watched several other Showtime epsodes in the past, but now the iPad only work in-home?  It's useless!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV Mobile App - returns "Available to watch in home only"

2poodles wrote:

Xfinity TV Mobile App - returns "Available to watch in home only".  We've watched several other Showtime epsodes in the past, but now the iPad only work in-home?  It's useless!

I'm sorry you are having trouble. Can you give me a specific show with season/episode information so I can help?

Here are some tips:

• The rights to steam content outside the home are negotiated separately from the in-home streaming rights and are not always available. Premium networks such as Showtime are almost always available out of home so providing info on the show in question will help us diagnose the issue.
  • If you start watching a show in-home and use the "For You" "Recently Watched" row, you will sometimes see "In Home Only" but that same show has an out-of-home version available. Try searching for the show, viewing available episodes, and clicking "Watch" from the show page.
  • When you are way from home, select the "Available out of home" filter in On Demand or Live TV to hide the in-home only content..

-ComcastDan