Community Forum

Xfinity Home Security iPhone App: Session error: #13502

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity Home Security iPhone App: Session error: #13502

Trying to log into Xfinity home app on my iPhone and receiving "We've encountered an error. Please try again. [Error: #13502]

Background: It was working fine yesterday. I tried removing the app from cache memory and re-launching it. This did not help.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Home Security iPhone App: Session error: #13502

I'm getting the same error. Worked fine yesterday, and today it appears to be broken.

I cannot login and view the status of my system, nor arm / disarm from the app.

Reboot of iPhone did not help, neither did force-quitting the app and restarting.

New Poster

Same problem here.  iPhone 6 with iOS 9.0.2. 

Valued Contributor

Hello.  We are currently experiencing an issue with Xfinity Home that is preventing some customers to be able to connect through the web portal and/or the mobile applications.  We are working hard to restore these services as quickly as possible.  Systems can still be armed and disarmed from the touchscreen in the home but not through the mobile applications or web portals.  Thank you for your patience!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

same issue here. What is the ETA to fix it?

New Poster

Is there any solutions to this problem yet?
New Poster

My wife and I are getting two different error codes when trying to log in on the mobile app
New Poster

Not solved yet...sounds like someone who was tweaking the system on th apps screwed up again

you guys need to stop messing with things that work

really freakin irritating

comcast tells us they are improving the apps...great...make sure they work first!!!!

New Poster

Same issue, very frustrating to have a non-reliable security system.

New Poster

I'm getting an error message have power off the phone and app getting message 13502..help

New Poster

was on hold for 14 minutes and then hung up on comcast is not working for me now

New Poster

was on hold for 14 minutes was hung up on then call back the same thing.  When is this going to be fix.

Problem Solver

Comcast, the errors going on today should not be happening? Why so many issues? Can you hire more professional IT personnel?

New Poster

Same issue for me! So angry!

New Poster

Immediately disconnected on multiple calls. Sat on hold for 15 minutes once. I've wasted about an hour. Why not have an audio message about this issue on the automated system? Better yet, why not email all of your XH subscribers? This process is beyond frustrating. I reset my password thinking it was me. What a waste of time!

New Poster

I'm extremely bothered by this situation for several reasons: <br>1. My home was burglarized last week, so I decided to invest and have cameras installed and added to my security system. The day after they don't work!<br>2. I pay too much of my hard earned money for a service that is not reliable and efficient. <br>3. This is just frustrating.
What's amazing to me is the tech that installed my cameras has service with ADT. Go figure!
New Poster

Also got the error code, but saw the post regarding the issue being known and is being resolved. Thanks for letting us know you guys are working on it. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I can now log in to the web portal and the app. It's fixed :-)

Frequent Visitor

Don't hold your breath regarding this issue. Comcast service is pathetic and the home security system reliability is spotty at best. Imagine trying to reach someone at the monitoring center as your home is being invaded; right now, my system says there is NO cellular connectivity. I might as well just keep the cell phone by the bed and dial 911. Maybe you should check to see if Brinks or another system is a better fit for you?

New Poster

Hey guys. Was able to log in this morning. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

same issue. same error number 13502

Regular Visitor

Still unable to sign in from app.   website tells me unable to sign me in.   also getting error 21001 on app in addition to 13502

Regular Visitor

Has anyone tried to cancel their service due to Comcasts poor reliability?   I really like it when it works, but so often it does not work like it is supposed to.   I have a 2 year deal, but that assumes it works well, right?   I am ready to go to ADT or someone else.

Frequent Visitor

You can't cancel. Try doing that with a cell phone company due to poor reception issues. None of these companies fully guarantees the performance of their service. That is how Comcast operates. Check the fine print of the contract, you'll be sorry as I am...

New Poster

I have also been getting error #13502 for the past couple of days on my iPhone (iOS 9.0.2.)  I deleted the app and re-installed, that didn't work.  Rebooted the touchscreen, that didn't work.  Rebooted my phone, that didn't work.  The app is bad enough (too many site errors, will not kepp you logged in, just generally slow) but for it to not even be working for days is just ridiculous.  Very frustrated with this app

New Poster

My complaint mimics the comments on here!!  Where the heck is CUSTOMER SERVICE and I am older than 65.  Call for help and told they need my comcast customer number.  Lets see I do not carry that with me.  Iguess sarcasm does not work.  What is it we pay rates for?  Would that be the automated decision tree when we call, or that wonderful service barriers that protect us from ourselves.   I am not going to complain anymore because Lord knows what form of retaliation mother comcast can inflict and at 67 I cannot compete with that

New Poster

I realize I am not the only one with this annoying problem.  I tried calling customer service this morning and was on hold for over 30 minutes before I had to leave for work. 

One of the reasons I went to Xfinity was this feature and now for 2 days I am without and just happened to be the days I needed the most. 

Also, I am getting a bunch of sensor door false notifications, I mean all night!!!!  is that related to the 13502 error???

What is the ETA? 

Official Employee

Hi all - 

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your names and accounts to a ticket to confirm your issues are resolved once we've issued a fix.  I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Experiencing same, and not the first time; please add my account to the list as well. This is pretty frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

Here we go again... I had some service yesterday late in day.  Left the house today, and again cannot even logon to the app.   Same error codes as yesterday   13502 and 21001.

What exactly is going on there?   Will I get a refund for all this downtime...not to mention all the persoanl time and my employer's time I have wasted.

Frequent Visitor

Yep. It's back again with the same problems as before. There was some service last night, but now it's back to what it was before. Whatever new software update they did, there's something wrong with it.
New Poster

I am also having this issue. I spent 2 days messing around with my phone settings and reinstalling the app before finding this thread. I called customer support yesterday and all that was done was a password reset, which obviously did nothing to resolve. The most frustrating part for me is that I am now 2 days past the trial period where I can just return this equipment without any fees. It worked fine for a month and now I see that it is very unreliable which is the very last thing you want from a home security service. Very disappointed
New Poster

I just read through this thread after 2 days of trying to troubleshoot the issue. It would have been great to get an email about the issue instead of looking it up. Great customer service!
New Poster

XFINITY YOU ARE A FUkKING PIECE OF JUNK! THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, YOUR PRODUCT IS GARBAGE AND NEEDS SOME SERIOUS REVAMPING.

SINCERELY,

EVERY FRUSTRATED FUkKING CUSTOMER YOU HAVE TRICKED INTO SIGNING UP WITH YOU!

Official Employee

Our engineers have been and continue to actively work on this issue. When resolved, App & Portal functionality will be restored & nothing will be needed to be done on the customer end.  I will provide updates to the pinned message at the top of this thread as they become available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Is there a timeframe for a fix?
Frequent Visitor

Hey ComcastRachel. Enough with the canned responses. Give us an ETA for the repair of this "issue" that you speak of. What is the issue? We deserve more than just a half hearted attempt at an apology. This is our SECURITY we are taking about here, NOT our internet our television service. Have someone get on this thread who can give us straight answers. Please.
Frequent Visitor

By the way, I'm in line at my local comcast office and there are DOZENS of customers in line with their equipment canceling their service right now. This is what comcast gets for their crappy service and ridiculous high prices.
New Poster

Same 13502 error that others are experiencing.

Is there an actual ETA for resolution?

New Poster

Same issue here in MA for the past 4 days. can't disarm my house to let a contractor in. Heading to cancel this crappy service in the am

New Poster

EMAIL THE CUSTOMERS WITH XH WHEN THIS HAPPENS! This is ridiculous!

New Poster

Hi - I am experiencing the same issue with the IPhone App! It's a bit frustrating now that I can't use it to check the security status and live camera feeds when I am away from home!
Jack
Official Employee

Hi all - 

I apologize for the frustration this issue is causing.  This is our highest priority at this time.  We are still working to resolve this issue and restore service to all of our customers.  When I have more information, I will provide it as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Rachel