Community Forum

Xfinity Home Mobile App problems with Samsung Galaxy 3 III

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Home Mobile App problems with Samsung Galaxy 3 III

I upgraded my Droid X to a Galaxy S III. The Mobile app(v5.03) works on Wifi but not on 4g/3g.

I see others are having problems.  I have Android 4.1.1 OS.

When will Xfinity take a interest and at least say they are working this issue?

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled.

Update: I tuned WIFI off and it appears to work at home. I will try it at work with WIFI turned off and see if it continues to work while away. I will post results.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Home Mobile App problems with Samsung Galaxy 3 III

Xfinity must have made changes to server.

The APP now works on 4G with my Galaxy S III.

Thank You!!

New Poster

hey i am an XH tech and may be able to help you. can you tell me how your modem setup is. Do you have one of our Wireless Gateways or a modem with a router? or both?

Expert

CJxhtech wrote:

hey i am an XH tech and may be able to help you. can you tell me how your modem setup is. Do you have one of our Wireless Gateways or a modem with a router? or both?

You may not be aware of this fact: Comcast employees must be authorized by the forum administrator in order to post in an official capacity. Employees have their names in RED and are designated as such.

If not authorized they can post here but cannot state they are employees. Nor can they allude to being employees.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

My Galaxy S III works on WIFI at home and at work. It has worked only a few times on 4G. I hope they fix it soon.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Home Mobile App problems with Samsung Galaxy s4

since giving my iphone w/verizon and going to galaxy s4 with t-moble.I am having even more trouble with my home security system then usual. Most times I can not view my camera (which was the only reason for getting this system). Now I don't recieve text alerts whenever the doors are opened/closed or alarms set. Xfinity is telling me it is a problem with t-mobile. T-mobile states I have unlimited text messaging so therefore there are no restrictions on my text alerts. Can someone help???? I am pulling my hair out every time I have to call xfinity because I waste hours and get nowhere...... please email me at married2jr@aol.com (as I never use my comcast email).

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Home Mobile App problems

Was able to correct the issue of not being able to control lighting, changing thermostat settings and arming/disarming from my Droid 4 by going to manage apps and selecting xfinity home and performing a force stop. Also cleared cache, but do not know if this was necessary... Let me know if this helped anyone.