Community Forum

Xfinity Home Issue - UPDATE

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Valued Contributor

Xfinity Home Issue - UPDATE

Hello.  We are currently experiencing an issue with Xfinity Home that is preventing some customers to be able to connect through the web portal and/or the mobile applications.  We are working hard to restore these services as quickly as possible.  Systems can still be armed and disarmed from the touchscreen in the home but not through the mobile applications or web portals.  Thank you for your patience!

Our engineers are still actively working to resolve the issue affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Portal. Users may see functionality come back intermittently before it is fully restored. - ComcastRachelH

Update: We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter additional service interruptions.  Thanks.  - ComcastRachelH

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Home Issue

thanks
Contributor

Hi Comcast Neal !!!

Will you hopefully post an update when you/we are back up 100% and back to running AOK for our PC Portal and Mobile Apps ???  Mine here at the Jersey Shore is down too.

Also - I was just thinking... it sure would be nice for Xfinity Home to send a "Text or E-Mail" to all of us "Globalwide" - when something like this (system up or down) happens !!!

How COOL would that be !!!  Smiley Wink

Thanks,

Jim Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Still no estimated time for fix?
Frequent Visitor

Ridiculous. They should let us know that we will not be able to monitor our home. The monthly amount we pay alone could cover their tech support. They shouldn't be down this long. It's unacceptable.
New Poster

And they wonder why they are rated the worst for customer service
New Poster

unacceptable service.....still no eta

Frequent Visitor

So is this why my camera won't connect?  Awesome 

New Poster

Not working for me
Contributor

Looks like the PC Poral and Android Apps may be coming back online now, but my cameras are STILL NOT Loading on either !!!  Smiley Sad

New Poster

Still having problems with not being able to view cameras in the app or set our alarm. Says touchscreen needs to be rebooted. Did that plus texted connectivity. Still not working in the app.
Frequent Visitor

App still not working for me. Now it says touchscreen needs to reboot. Did that, no luck. Tested connectivity and shows no cellular connection. Awesome!
New Poster

Us too!!^^^^^
Frequent Visitor

It halfway worked for a few minutes...meaning I could at least log in, but would get errors when using the light function and the cameras would not load to view. Frustrating! At least we're home now.
New Poster

Here in fife wa app still not working at all. Says touch screen has no network connection. Yet it does
Problem Solver

Now no connection at all, after login, now says "Your Touch Screen has lost its network connection".

what are we to do now!  When will this all be fixed? It's been a day now! I hope Comcast will issue credits to everyone's account!!!

New Poster

I have the same issue. Touch panel shows an alert "ACTION REQUIRED: LOST NETWORK CONNECTION". I unplugged and rebooted modem and routers. I have internet connectivity and still receiving this error. Is there something going on still with xfinity servers? Or is it something I need to do to fix??
New Poster

This is extremely disappointing. I've had the service for a little over a week, and I'm already having this issue. The tech on the phone (I waited for 14 minutes to speak to someone yesterday) said that this "never happens," which contradicts the posts in this forum from September, and July (as far as I went back) that show that Xfinity Home services go down every few months. Now I'm stuck in a contract that I'm not sure meets my needs. Great.

Regular Visitor

Same here.  Apps still not working.  Getting "Lost Network" message on the keypad.  Reset everything and that didn't help.  This is a really big issue and would love an update.  Cannot get an answer from anyone.  When I finally get to a real person on the phone (after a few disconnects and long waits), just get standard response.  Hope it's resolved soon.

New Poster

Nothing but connectivity issues since I had this system put in. My old system that you said you couldn't use which was bs worked better than this. Between bait and switch and poor poor product quality, I wish I would have stayed with my old provider....I wouldn't had to dish out $500 for this bs. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm still having issues and now I log in and get to my portal I lost connectivity to touchscreen of course I have no way to resolve because I cannot gain access to account app to send a signal to restart the router. pure
Frequent Visitor

restarted router from phone and now I lost connectivity to touch pad and it's impossible to get home to reset touchscreen. WHATEVER
Frequent Visitor

We get Site Error frequently on our iOS Xfinity Home apps and usually clears up within 30 minutes (frustrating but tolerable) but have had site error message for most of yesterday and this morning. Now we get past that issue but our cameras won't load. Sounds like Comcast is aware of the issue given this thread but I'm confused. The first post says Issue solved but Go to Solution link takes me further into the thread with no solution in site. Is it fixed and this is a separate bug? Are they working on the camera loading problem?

Thanks!

New Poster

Still down Neal. This is skyway an issue!! I'm not home to mess with the key pad. Unreliable app and system!!!
New Poster

System, app and web access STILL not working correctly. Have rebooted system at home with no change in statist. Any ETA on repairs?

Contributor

Good morning,

Still having the same issues this morning and from throughout the night since last night around 6pm EDT in NJ.

"Your Touchscreen has lost its network connection"...  PC Portal still does not work, nor does my Android App..  My 6 Cameras keep dropping put locally on the Touchscreen too.

What going on Comcast ???  YES - some HONEST answers would be nice !!!  We are NOT supid and we can clearly see you are having problems and yes 2 days of credit to all out accounts is definetly a must here !!!

Please KEEP US UP TO DATE and Postred with EVERYTHING along the way !!!  Come On NEAL !!!

Jim Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Yep. Having the same exact issues. Given that there seems to be over an hour wait time on calls, it would seem that this issue is known and still something the engineers are working through.
Official Employee

Hi all - 

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am working to add all of your names and accounts to a ticket to confirm your issues are resolved once we've issued a fix. I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

I have a server error on my touchscreen. Rebooted/reset gateway and HS modem as well as touchscreen. No broadband or Cellular connectivity. If this is a known issue with the system a text or email to state such would be the right move so people are not spending an hour of their time messing with their hardware... 

Contributor

Hello Comcast Rachel,

THANK YOU for your honost and timley update on the problem that you/us are having with our Touchscreens and PC Portal and Andriod Apps !!!

IT IS ALSO LOCAL IN-HOUSE TOUCHSCREENS AS WELL !!!  NOT JUST REMOTE APPS !!!

Please continue to keep us posted on EVERYTHING - EVERY STEP OF THE WAS AS YOU ARE ABLE TOO !!!

Regards,

Jim Smiley Happy

New Poster

I am here in Houston having the same problem with my Xfinity home app.  Rachel, Please add me to your ticket that you are creating for all of us.

thanks,

Adrian

New Poster

i also am having the same issue here in florida! i agree it would be benificial to all customers to know if theres an outage like this when it happens instead of searching for why this is happening

Frequent Visitor

I am at work and unable to monitor the status of my home, which is very concerning.  It is understandable that technical issues will arise, but with the web, mobile and lack of ability to directly reach a representative at comcast about the status of my home, it's a huge problem.  Coupled with the fact that we just added the kwikset automated front door lock.  Can you confirm that whatever bug that is causing this crash will not breach security and potentially unlock my door and/or disarm alarm system...or any of your customer's for that matter?  Will we still be notified by email or phone if something is triggered at our home?  Appreciate your response. 

Regular Visitor

Hello Rachel,

I appreciate all you're doing to solve the problem. I was concerned that it might be something wrong with my account but I see a lot of people have the same issue.

When I got home from work late last night, it wouldn't let me disarm my alarm through my phone. Now it is not letting me log in.

Please continue to keep us informed of the issue. We know you and everyone is working hard to solve it.

Yadi R.
New Poster

I am having the same problems out here in California. Please add my name and account to the ticket please. Thank you.
Regular Contributor

Please add me to the ticket, Rachel.  Same problem in Waltham, MA.  Can't log in either from iPhone app or from computer.  Also, when I left for work this morning my touchscreen was saying that it had lost connectivity.  (It said that when I first got up this morning, then seemed to correct itself, but that was short-lived.)  Hope this gets fixed soon!

Official Employee

Hi all - 

I'm adding all of your names.  Thank you for your patience. 

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

Same BS in ATL also. Thks 4 post every1
Official Employee

Hi erflds - 

The errors you are experiencing are due to the larger issue that we are currently experiencing on the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are already actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.

I am adding your name and account to a ticket to confirm your issue is resolved once we've issued a fix.  I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi all - 

Our engineers are still actively working to resolve the issue affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Portal.  Users may see functionality come back intermittently before it is fully restored.

Thanks,

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

problem fixed. I would recommend giving subscribers a heads up. so when @ work. there's nothing u can do.
Official Employee

ceg1013 - 

Thanks for letting us know.

- Rachel

New Poster

App shows touchpad is not connected to network here in NE ATL. I would think that Comcast has engineers that could figure out their own system in less than 36 hours but I guess not.
New Poster

New Poster

Could you please let me know when it gets fixed ? i am in So Florida i.e. Estero.

Frequent Visitor

well I spoke to soon it goes back and forth. but I do c progress
Frequent Visitor

My security home app is still out, Will I be credited on my account?
New Poster

Please add me to the list. I can now log into the mobile app but have no camera connections. 

Official Employee

Jeremy1522, subway1786, ceg1013, rbannister1, dbalogh1201 - 

Thanks for reaching out - I will make a note of all of your accounts.  We are still actively working this issue.  Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

New Poster

Can you please notate my account as well. I have had this issue for the last few days