Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity Home Error 45408

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Home Error 45408

Upon returning home from trip, attempted to use mobile ap to disarm system and turn off rules.  After 3-4 times logging out and back in (from mobile ap), system disarmed .  However, I cannot turn off rules.  Consequently, each time a door opens, I get a text message and/or pics via e-mail.  Here's some info:

*When viewing from the master screen, all looks fine.  Can see cameras, set temps on thermostats, etc. 

*Ap will not pull up cameras.  They're fine, though, because the cameras take pictures when a door is opened, and they're sent via e-mail.

*Cannot turn off rules.  Get the Error 45408 within seconds after trying to turn off.

*Cannot adjust temperaturers or turn lights on or off from ap.

*Also cannot turn off rules via home/computer/laptop.

*Cannot delete the rules by going on line via home computer/laptop.

*Using iPhone 5S IOS 8.4.1

*Using Xfinity ap ver 6.4.3.195237

HELP! 

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home Error 45408

Hi tfhope - 

I pulled up your account & opened a ticket on your behalf.

Thanks,

Rachel

Regular Visitor

Thanks, Rachel.  All back to normal now.  Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

Comcast, why did this user get these issues in the first place. If we users should be aware of something we are doing wrong, and if we knew how to tell telephone support how to fix immediately, it would be a great help, rather than having to live with these issues until you see postings on this site and respond!

Official Employee

tfhope - 

Happy to help.  Please reach out if you have any issues in the future.

Thanks,

Rachel

Problem Solver

Rachael, I understand, but since Comcast knows all their users emails, reminders, tutorials, instructions...whatever you want to call 'communication' should be emailed to all users...we are totally on our own to fend for ourselves, and sometimes we get it right ( by accident), but when we can't, it's a living nightmare. Please see what you can do at the Corporate level! Thanks

Official Employee

Rjmmoon - 

Thanks for the feedback.  We are actively working on improving the customer experience.  Proactively sending communications out is something we can look into. 

Thanks,

Rachel