Community Forum

Xfinity Home Customer Service!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity Home Customer Service!

Gotta love it - called to troubleshoot my motion sensor and the person assisting me seemed like they never touched a piece of electronic equipment in their life.  She told me the motion sensor was not connecting and that she can't see my system active.  She said that the monitoring center probably could but then when I asked for the number to the monitoring center, she couldn't provide it!  What a joke!  I highly recommend everyone thinking about comcast home reconsider and go with a company with some actual customer service.  

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home Customer Service!

Hi tfogarty --

If you provide a little more information about the issues you are experiencing, I can try & help troubleshoot here.

Thanks,

Rachel

Contributor

Why is it that I can not speak to a supervisor higher than the customer service reps that are unable to help? I currently since last night have three exculated ticket numbers with promises of a rerun call and NO CALL YET. I spent two hours with tech support yesterday TWICE the second tech saying everything the first one had me do was wrong, now I have no display screen. Next person suppose to be a supervisor again spends almost two hours on the phone (yea that's 4 hours) promises me that someone was going to call me at 11:18 last night at 11:40 when I called back to see why they didn't call the supervisor que closed at 11(why would a supervisor not know that que close at 11 ) I have his conversation and the lady before me recorded. HOW DO YOU GET TO SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ITS HEEN A YEAR NOW EITHER THE SECURITY AS AN ISSUE OR THE CABLE OR INTERNET. All from each not reading modems and switches. I had to take off work two days last issue I cannot take off again. I have an elderly mother with Alzheimer's and that is the only reason I use the system and I'm so frustrated.
Contributor

Same issue HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Contributor

Three exculated trouble tickets with a promise of a call back promised yesterday call back at 11 told this morning would get a call back by 10 at 12 I was told sometime this afternoon 5:30 still no call back. I DELEND ON MY SECURITY SYSTEM TO WATCH MY 92 YEAR OLD MOTHER WITH ALZHEIMERS THAT COULD WALK OUT THE DOOR DURING THE NIGHT AT ANY TIME
Official Employee

Hi likremy - 

I understand your frustration & I'd like to help.  Are you having issues with the Xfinity Home mobile app?  If so, could you please give me a little more detail about the trouble you are experiencing?  I pulled up your account, but am not seeing errors with the mobile app. 

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

I have the same issues. I spent over 3 hours in the past 3 days, mostly on hold, with tech support. Comcast customer service is the worst I seen any organization I've ever dealt with. I used to have DirecTV and decided to try Comcast when I moved and I deeply regret the decision. If I was not stuck in a contract I would get out right away
Official Employee

Hi bdavis500 - 

I have pulled up your account & am adding you to a ticket regarding the 43999 errors.  I will follow up with you via the forums.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

Stay away!  I am out of contract with Xfinity home so I called to cancel the service.  After asking a battery of questions eg (why are you canceling, what could we do to make you stay, etc) I continued to say that I did not want the service and there would be nothing they could offer me to make me stay.

After all of that they said that I have to pay my bill (which was not even due) in full BEFORE THEY COULD EVEN TAKE MY REQUEST FOR CANCELLATION.  I explained that through bill pay the payment to Xfinity would be there the next day as it went through my bank and bill pay.  I was not in arrears and my payment history is pristine as I have never been late for a payment.  None of this mattered to them.  I explained that my bill is current and the amount that was due was actually for the upcoming month.  That didn't matter.  I asked to talk with his superior and he actually said that he would not connect me with a superior as they were all busy with other customers. I truly thought I was having an out of body experience.  He continued to say that I would have to call back , once my payment was made (which was not due yet) and THEN they would wait 48 hours for my payment status and THEN I could cancel and they would prorate my refund.

This is a third party business that is in contract wtih Xfinity.  Shame on Xfinity for dealing with such unscrumpulous people.