Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Voice2Go does not notify of incoming calls unless the XFinity Connect app is open (iPhone 5s)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Voice2Go does not notify of incoming calls unless the XFinity Connect app is open (iPhone 5s)

Using iPhone 5s with iOS 10.3.2, I only receive incoming call notifications from Voice2Go when the XFinity Connect app is open.  No notifications when the app is closed and phone unlocked or when the phone is locked.  Works fine on my Android phone.  Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Voice2Go does not notify of incoming calls unless the XFinity Connect app is open (iPhone 5s)

That is by design.  In order to get notified of incoming xfinity home calls you'll need to leave the Connect app running in the backgroup on iOS.

At least that has been my experience on an iPhone 6+ and iPhone 7.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Voice2Go does not notify of incoming calls unless the XFinity Connect app is open (iPhone 5s)

You are misunderstanding the scenario.  The app is running in the background.  In this case, there is no notification.  Every now and then it works for a a few hours and then nothing.  I worked with level 2 support for a while but they eventually never called me back.  They acknowledge this is a problem they have not seen.