Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Update is a disaster

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Update is a disaster

I just updated to the April 15th(?) iPhone version. The previous version worked just fine. Why did you screw it up?? Is there a way to go back?!?!?!?

Now I can:

1. No longer view the cameras.
  2. The light control has added a dimmer function. This is dangerous when you have CFL lamps. Most are not designed to be dimmed.
  3. Thermostat does not show the current settings unless you force a refresh by turning the fan on then off.
  4. It no longer supports turning the sound off! This is a biggie.

iPhone 5s w/ ios 7.1

Official Employee

Re: Update is a disaster

1.)  Cameras:  Can you provide more detail? Did you just start to experience this with the updated mobile app? Are you able to view cameras from the touchscreen and/or web portal (www.xfinityhomesecurity.com)?

2.)  Light Control:  The updated mobile app should not have changed your lights. If your light displays a dimming slider, it is likely configured as a dimmable light. You may change the settings for your light via the Touchscreen. Here are instructions to make the change: Select Setting --> Enter your user code --> Home Devices --> Lighting --> Edit Lights --> Select a light to edit --> Change the Dimmable setting from Yes to No.

3.)  Thermostat:  We experienced a brief service interuption earlier in the week. Can you please try the thermostat feature again to see if your issue has been resolved?

4.)  Sound:  We value your feedback & will be adding support to disable sounds in our next release, which should be available in the next 1-2 weeks. Sorry for the inconvience.

Regular Visitor

ComcastPri wrote:

1.)  Cameras:  Can you provide more detail? Did you just start to experience this with the updated mobile app? Are you able to view cameras from the touchscreen and/or web portal (www.xfinityhomesecurity.com)?

2.)  Light Control:  The updated mobile app should not have changed your lights. If your light displays a dimming slider, it is likely configured as a dimmable light. You may change the settings for your light via the Touchscreen. Here are instructions to make the change: Select Setting --> Enter your user code --> Home Devices --> Lighting --> Edit Lights --> Select a light to edit --> Change the Dimmable setting from Yes to No.

3.)  Thermostat:  We experienced a brief service interuption earlier in the week. Can you please try the thermostat feature again to see if your issue has been resolved?

4.)  Sound:  We value your feedback & will be adding support to disable sounds in our next release, which should be available in the next 1-2 weeks. Sorry for the inconvience.

1. Yes it just started with this update.

After selecting 'Cameras' the screen pops up and the 'wheel of pain' spins for a few seconds and then displats "Unavailable" under both camera boxes.

Cameras are viewable from both the web portal and the touchscreen.

2. Never knew this. Thank you.

3. Still happening. I open the app and it will still have old information displayed.

Example: I open the app and the display says the temp is set to 66. I raise it 4 degrees to 70. Wheel spins and the display comes back and shows the temp at 74. It went up 4 deg but it is 4 deg from the actual value on the t-stat not the setting displayed in the app. But if I select 'Fan On' first, when it updates that setting change the display is corrected.

4. Thank you for your support on this item.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue with the cameras. This seems to be limited to the iPad app though, as from my iPhone, I can see the camera content. Likewise, from the touchscreen and the web portal, the content is displayed. If I go so far as to select one of the cameras from the iPad app, I receive a popup: "Playback Error. We're unable to retreive live video feed. [13999]"

Frequent Visitor

Correction, my iPhone had NOT been upgraded when I tested. I've now confirmed that following the upgrade, I can no longer see the camera feeds from either my iPad or iPhone.

Contributor

I am having the same issue with the camera function and the playback video feed error.  Everything was fine until the update.  Is there a fix for this????

Official Employee

bcarter8 -

Can you please tell me if your iPhone was connected to your home wi-fi or cellular network (3g, 4g, LTE, etc) when you attempted to view the cameras?

If you experienced this error while connected via your home wi-fi, can you please while on a cellular network.

We're actively investigating your camera issue & this information will help us troubleshoot.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Great question! From my home wireless, I cannot access the camera feeds. From cell data I can. Also, from my office's wireless network, I could also access the feeds. Please let me know if there is anything else I can test/provide.

Thanks for working on this!
Official Employee

Thank you for this information.  We are still working to identify the root cause & this information is extremely helpful.

I apologize for the inconvenience & please know that we are working hard to have this fixed as soon as possible.  Thanks again.

Official Employee

We have identified a defect in the latest app update which prevents users (with a certain model Touchscreen) from accessing cameras when on the home wifi network.  A fix for this will be included in the next maintenance release, which should be available within 1-2 weeks.

In the interim, if your mobile device has a cellular connection, you may switch from your home wifi network to a cellular network to view cameras.

In our next update, we will also be fixing the thermostat issue that FMWright reported, where the thermostat information displayed maybe out-dated.  Upon modifying the thermostat, the data updates correctly.

I apologize for the inconvenience & truly appreciate the feedback you provided in this forum.  The information you provided was instrumental to helping us identify & fix these defects.  Thanks again.

New Poster

I am having the same issues since the update for the iPad, no camera feed. I see it on the touch screen and the iPhone but not the iPad. The update falls very short
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your attention to this Comcast people! This is the most response I have ever gotten to ANY tech suppot issue anywhere.

New Poster

so basically, I will have to wait a couple of weeks to be able to view my cameras in my own home on my phone over the wifi I also pay y'all for unless I turn off wifi and use my data plan?  wow. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm very grateful for the very prompt attention, communication, and root cause analysis. I support many customers myself and this experience has been outstanding in my view. Rarely do I need to use my iPad or other personal device when I'm home so this is a non-issue so to speak. Honestly, I only noticed because I wanted to see how the new app changed, and I was home at the time. :-). Thank you for the great customer service!
Contributor

Hi All

The latest app release (5.4.8) is available to download from today. We have taken your feedback on board, and incorporated a number of fixes in this release. Please download, and let us know if the above problems (cameras, enabling sounds within the app, thermostat info) are resolved with the latest update.

Thanks for your patience in working with us as we resolve issues.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

DL'ed the update. So far so good! Cameras work all the time. T-stat updates as soon as the app is opened. Sound control works.

Looks like we are good to go from my end.

Thanks to all the members of the development team.

Contributor

FMWright - Glad your issues have been resolved, thanks for your speedy feedback!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yep, I can now access the video feed from the home wireless. Thanks!
Contributor

Great, BCarter - glad you're now able to see your cameras.

Thanks for hanging in there while we resolved your issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

FMWright - and we've passed on your positive feedback to the development team.
Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon