Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Unauthorized user signed in to my account

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Unauthorized user signed in to my account

I have an unauthorized user signed in to my account. I have changed the password but the app did not reset so they are still recording things to my DVR.  Is there a way to reset the mobile devices that are signed in to my account?  I chatted with customer service and they were of no help.  They just kept advising me to change the password.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized user signed in to my account

Hi, mpittman - I'm following up on behalf of Ken. I deprovisioned all the devices on your account but I have a question for you: how do you know you have an unauthorized user signed in? Just want to make sure that we are on the right troubleshooting path. 

All Replies
Expert

mpittman wrote:

I have an unauthorized user signed in to my account. I have changed the password but the app did not reset so they are still recording things to my DVR.  Is there a way to reset the mobile devices that are signed in to my account?  I chatted with customer service and they were of no help.  They just kept advising me to change the password.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

mpittman, I can deprovision all of the devices using your log in credentials. This will sign them all out. From there, you can change the password again if you wish. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

Official Employee

Hi, mpittman - I'm following up on behalf of Ken. I deprovisioned all the devices on your account but I have a question for you: how do you know you have an unauthorized user signed in? Just want to make sure that we are on the right troubleshooting path. 

Regular Visitor

I had random shows showing up on my DVR.  None of us who are authorized were watching them.  We have all been logged out and the password has been changed so we will see if this corrects the problem.  Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

@mpittman - I think this issue related to missing MoCA POE filter. The MoCA signal coming from your cable box may interfere with your neighbors' signals. The POE filter has to be installed by a field tech. This is an outside work so you don't have to be home. Would you like me to schedule it?  

Regular Visitor

I don't want to schedule it at this time.  I will see if the problem ceases.  If not I will schedule it.  Thanks!

Official Employee

@mpittman - No worries, just let me know if you get this issue again. I'm always happy to help!