Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Text messages

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Text messages

I am having major problems with my xfinity connect app. 

1. Texts that I try to send will sometimes not send. 

2. Texts sometimes do go and the recipient keeps getting the same text over and over.

3. Sometimes I get a message saying that I have gone over the limit on texts sent. What limit?

Will someone please help me??

Problem Solver

Re: Text messages

While I do use the Xfinity Connect App quite a bit, the texting feature isn't one of them that I have had a need to use so I can't really think of anything that might help with your first and second question.  Regarding your third question, I did find some information that might be helpful.  When logged into the full blown web browser version of the texting feature, selecting its preferences option, I was taken to a page where it had some options and to the right a sidebar with three points of information.  One of those points states that you can send up to 1000 text messages per day.  Might be something to consider regarding your third question as I know many actual cell phone plans offer unlimited texting but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Hope this helps you out.

Contributor

Re: Text messages

I've the same issues and have been trying everything possible to remedy the situation to absolutely no avail.

My recipients have gotten as many as 14 of the same thing....At ALL different times and even days!

Watch emojis! They won't work.

BTW, I customize new unlocked Androids and therefore know my way around a cell phone well.

I've tried EVERYTHING and it continues. My OWN phones are Jelly Bean, Lollipop, KitKat, Marshmallow, and Nougat. They are all buggy with connect BUT it's still a very good feature....If they could just clear the bugs.