Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

TV App download failure

Contributor

TV App download failure

Trying to download a recorded dvr show and get "Metadata Failed :: 7005" - failed to acquire license metadata from the manifest.  Please try again.".  Of course, it never works when I try again on any one of my 4 android devices.  This seems to be happening only on episodes that were recorded several months ago. I can download the latest episodes, but not the older ones.  In fact, one episode I'm having trouble with right now is "Code Black S2 | Ep9" from Nov 30.  I had previously downloaded this episode, watched 1/2 of it, then returned it.  It still plays fine on my home X1 dvr.  But if I try to "Watch" it on my android device while on my home network, I get Server Error::8001 - We're sorry, but we're not able to access this video stream.  Please try another channel or program".  Of course, this is probably the underlying reason why I also can't download.  Is there a time limit to how long after a show is recorded that you can download/watch?

New Poster

Re: TV App download failure

I talked to the Comcast technical person and she said that since I am outside the US I could not download or watch any content that I have recorded on my DVR back in the US.
Official Employee

Re: TV App download failure


rbalzaretti wrote:
I talked to the Comcast technical person and she said that since I am outside the US I could not download or watch any content that I have recorded on my DVR back in the US.

That is correct, you would've had to do that before leaving the U.S.

New Poster

Re: TV App download failure

I am having this issue today with an Amazon Fire Android app for shows that were recorded on Sunday night and I am still in the US.  Any suggestions?

Expert

Re: TV App download failure


FredI1130 wrote:

I am having this issue today with an Amazon Fire Android app for shows that were recorded on Sunday night and I am still in the US.  Any suggestions?


what city/state is your home service located? some areas are having cloud DVR issues at the moment. Getting any error codes?

New Poster

Re: TV App download failure

I'm in Downingtown PA.  This seems to only be occurring with Sunday recordings.  When I try to download them, I get the Metadata 7005 error code.  I don't recall the code when trying to view them straight off the DVR. 

 

I have tried and sussessfully downloaded and returned recordings from Friday and Monday nights, but Sunday is still an issue.

Expert

Re: TV App download failure


FredI1130 wrote:

I'm in Downingtown PA.  This seems to only be occurring with Sunday recordings.  When I try to download them, I get the Metadata 7005 error code.  I don't recall the code when trying to view them straight off the DVR. 

 

I have tried and sussessfully downloaded and returned recordings from Friday and Monday nights, but Sunday is still an issue.


all downloads come to you from the cloud DVR. Equipment and recordings in your home are separate from them. Metadata is a set of information on a file for example when, what channel, the audio/video format, the type of mpeg stream, the type and number of audio streams, AFD information, etc. I'm not at all sure what metadata would be for the app other than 'how big is the file' so the app can verify there is room on the device's storage memory. if you could take a screen shot/capture of the error and reply someone on the forum may be able to assist.

Frequent Visitor

Re: TV App download failure

I am having the same issue.  Did you ever get a solution?  I could not find one on the forum.  Thanks!

 

Kate

New Poster

Re: TV App download failure

Having the same issue. File attached
Tags (1)
20170403_004312.jpg
Expert

Re: TV App download failure


MyHouseATL wrote:
Having the same issue. File attached

did you have any extermal display device connected to the mobile device? some android devices have ability to connect to HDMI etc.

 

New Poster

Re: TV App download failure

No. This is a picture of my android LG V20 phone.
Contributor

Re: TV App download failure

This being my original thread, I thought I should update.  This is STILL happening frequently to me.  I did bring the issue to Xfinity support and they said "we're escalating to the dev group".  Nothing happened.  No contact back from them.

On top of that, now I even have issues with shows that show up on my DVR as recorded, NOT being on the website or my android device list so I can't even play them back, much less, can't download.  I have an open Xfinity ticket for that too that was supposed to have been responded to in 24 hrs and it's now been 3 days.  Nothing.  And, before somebody suggests it, I have done both of the following to try to rectify this:

1) reboot DVR device several times

2) gone into the device settings menu and did "Sync Dvr".  Done this 3 times.

Still have about 6 shows recorded that don't show up in my android app or online.

 

New Poster

Re: TV App download failure

Something new that started last week. Sometimes episodes only record partially through. Had another one this week where only 10 min recorded. Had two episodes last week only partially recorded.
New Poster

Re: TV App download failure

Thanks! I've been trying to access my DVR for days in Aruba and am finally stumbling across your solution.

Expert

Re: TV App download failure


MyHouseATL wrote:
Something new that started last week. Sometimes episodes only record partially through. Had another one this week where only 10 min recorded. Had two episodes last week only partially recorded.

are you by chance in the Detroit, twin-cities area?