Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Secondary Username Login

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Secondary Username Login

Is there a way to login to the app with a secondary username? I would like to give a roommate access to the app without having to provide my password for my email and billing functions.
Regular Visitor

Re: Secondary Username Login

At this time there is not the option for a secondary login. We are currently working to fix this. 

Shannon

New Poster

I have the same request. I'd like to give my wife remote access to the home security system. Currently the only way to accomplish this is for me to get her phone and log into the Home app using my credentials. I got so frustrated with this that I called into support and was given the age old lamest of all excuses "for security reasons" only the primary account can remotely access home security. How giving up the password of the primary account holder to a secondary user enhances security is beyond me. Please fix this ASAP!

New Poster

This is a big hole in the use case!

I would venture to say that most households have more than one adult living in the home.  (Or older child)

Hopefully someone from Comcast will reply to this thread when this is fixed.

New Poster

I agree, this should be allowed and it seems that one module of comcast isn't in agreement with the other.  Here are the instructions to grant home security access to a secondary user, but I've yet to see the Home Security option as stated in the instructions.  I do hope they rectify this soon - if not by the time my contract is up, I'll be discontinuing the service for this and many other reasons. https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/grant-voice-access-to-secondary-accounts-in-x...

Regular Contributor

Same here hope they fix this soon

Official Employee

Hi computeronix15 - 

At this time we only offer support for the primary login. We understand that secondary login is an important feature for users & are working to add this functionality.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

After reading several threads where the same answer was given (We're working on it), I doubt you are working on it. Really lame. I'm not giving my main account details to my kids. You must be insane! Fix this now before my 30 day money-back guarantee period is up, or you'll lose me as a customer. This is stupid on your part Comcast.

Official Employee

Hi datcrazymongoos -- 

I understand the frustration.  Currently we only support sign in with one email address.  If you want to grant your kids access, but don't want to share your current credentials with them, I can switch the email address used for Xfinity Home to another @comcast.net email address that you are comfortable sharing.  Let me know how you'd like to proceed!

Thanks!

Rachel