Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Roku App and local channel streaming.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Roku App and local channel streaming.

Can we stream local channels using the Roku app?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Roku App and local channel streaming.

Turtletaub wrote:

local channels are in your subscription on the X1 set top box, right? If so, then yes it will be on the Roku.

All Replies
Expert

Turtletaub wrote:

local channels are in your subscription on the X1 set top box, right? If so, then yes it will be on the Roku.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Rustyben, I just this morning received and activated my STB and local and everything else is showing on it. On the Roku however, I see no local channels only my cable channels. I'll give it some more time. I was a little worried that they may have changed their policy on local channels over the roku because well, we have a past...

Expert

Turtletaub wrote:

Thanks Rustyben, I just this morning received and activated my STB and local and everything else is showing on it. On the Roku however, I see no local channels only my cable channels. I'll give it some more time. I was a little worried that they may have changed their policy on local channels over the roku because well, we have a past...

I would call 800-Comcast and ask for billing. Ask the representative to do a full account refresh (it should take about an hour). Then restart your Roku. both devices should then have all the channels.