Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: New Xfinity X1 Related Android/iOS App

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

The old X1 ANDROID remote app worked great. I could control my X1 DVR. Now that it no longer functions I uninstalled it and installed your new Xfinity remote app. 

I can not navigate to control my X1 box. This is terrible!!!!  My wife will start a program with her old X1 hand held remote and I can't do anything but look at the guide or saved program.   I have 55" TV why would I want to look at listing on my smart phone?
They call it a remote without the controls (like the old version had) you show pictures of on Google play (see below). But there is no way to navigate to that control.  I'm very sad 😢
 Is there anyway to reactivate your old app and call it something else like an X1 DVR controller.

Inline image 1

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

COBOL_GUY wrote:

The old X1 ANDROID remote app worked great. I could control my X1 DVR. Now that it no longer functions I uninstalled it and installed your new Xfinity remote app. 

I can not navigate to control my X1 box. This is terrible!!!!  My wife will start a program with her old X1 hand held remote and I can't do anything but look at the guide or saved program.   I have 55" TV why would I want to look at listing on my smart phone?
They call it a remote without the controls (like the old version had) you show pictures of on Google play (see below). But there is no way to navigate to that control.  I'm very sad 😢
 Is there anyway to reactivate your old app and call it something else like an X1 DVR controller.

Inline image 1

On the new XFINITY TV Remote app for Android, look for the microphone button (lower right corner). If you click that and scroll through the screens, I think you'll find what you're looking for.  

All Replies
Official Employee

COBOL_GUY wrote:

Inline image 1

On the new XFINITY TV Remote app for Android, look for the microphone button (lower right corner). If you click that and scroll through the screens, I think you'll find what you're looking for.  

New Poster

Thank you.  That was it.  Please pass on to the developers that it is uncommon to depict a scroll icon as a micrphone.  I assumed it was for voice commands.  Thanks again!!!

Expert

adding.. in settings (android) touch the gear to change/set default set top box to control.