Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Only goes to cell phone

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Only goes to cell phone

I have it set for simultaneous ring, but calls are only going to cell phone. Can both home phone and cell phone ring?
Problem Solver

Re: Only goes to cell phone

Yes, both your home phone as well as your cell phone number or your cell phone with the connect app can ring at the same time when a call is placed to your home phone number.  It is how I have mine setup and it works just fine.  Below is information on how I achieved the setup.

On the Xfinity web site when I log in with my account information and select the telephone handset icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen, from the page that takes me to which is where I can see my voice mail and call history, click the little cog icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select the Settings option.  From the page you are taken to, select the Voice option.  This will take you to the Voice Preferences page.  On this page, under Advance Call Forwarding, click the Edit link to open up the screen to input/review the call forwarding options.

On one of the lines listed, you should have your actual Comcast home phone number with the Status box checked and a number of rings that you want to take place before the incoming call goes to voice mail.  

Depending on how you are planning to forward your calls will determine what additional entries are to be made here.  If you are going to use the Connect mobile app on your cell phone, then you can have your Comcast home phone number listed in this area again with the Type being set to Xfinity Connect Mobile App, the status box checked, and the number of rings should be set to the same number of rings as your home phone number entry referenced above.

If you are seeking to just have the incoming call ring your actual cell phone number without the use of the Connect App, then in this area you would need to have your actual cell phone number with the Type set to Other along with the status box being checked and the rings should be set to the same number of rings as your home phone number entry.

Below the area described above is a section for Selective Call Forwarding.  I personally don't have that active and so I can't describe to you how the screen looks.  Be sure you don't have anything in this area if you do have it enabled as I think it will simply forward incoming calls from 12 different numbers to one specific number which I believe would mean that your actual Comcast home phone number would not ring.

Hope this helps you out.