Community Forum

New Xfinity TV Remote Android App Won't Allow Record Scheduling

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

New Xfinity TV Remote Android App Won't Allow Record Scheduling

The New Android TV Remote App will no longer allow me the schedule a recording. When I go to configuration the the device list shows all my devices to be only set top boxes.......no DVR. I'm using X1 and DO have a DVR. The previous version of TV Remote had no problem setting a recording....

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Xfinity TV Remote Android App Won't Allow Record Scheduling

GCHSR wrote:

The New Android TV Remote App will no longer allow me the schedule a recording. When I go to configuration the the device list shows all my devices to be only set top boxes.......no DVR. I'm using X1 and DO have a DVR. The previous version of TV Remote had no problem setting a recording....

When you try to set the default dvr, isn't one of them your dvr set top box? If so, pick it.

Contributor

Yes, I selected the DVR box but the app only shows it as a STB (Set Top Box). In the APP configuration it shows "No DVR's Available". I can change channels with the app but it will not reconize the DVR as a DVR. Previous version of the APP worked properly..........

Bronze Problem Solver

GCHSR wrote:

Yes, I selected the DVR box but the app only shows it as a STB (Set Top Box). In the APP configuration it shows "No DVR's Available". I can change channels with the app but it will not reconize the DVR as a DVR. Previous version of the APP worked properly..........

Something must be mis-configured in your account for your equipment, I suggest call support. When I go into the setting for both "Defualt STB" and "Defualt DVR" settings, it lets me choose any 4 of my cable boxes, the one x1 dvr or one of the 3 x1 remote boxes.

Contributor

I'm using Adroid Version 3.0.0.028

Bronze Problem Solver

GCHSR wrote:

I'm using Adroid Version 3.0.0.028

Same here

Contributor

Talked to Support and found out that there is a new APP for the X1 DVR to schedule recordings and control of the X1 DVR called "Xfinity TV". There is also an app just just for control of all X1 DVR's and Set Top Boxes called "Xfinity TV X1 Remote" which is purely a remote control with no program listings. 

Problem Solver

GCHSR wrote:

Talked to Support and found out that there is a new APP for the X1 DVR to schedule recordings and control of the X1 DVR called "Xfinity TV". There is also an app just just for control of all X1 DVR's and Set Top Boxes called "Xfinity TV X1 Remote" which is purely a remote control with no program listings. 

Support only gave you half an answer, and really didn't solve your problem.  I have an X1 DVR, and the "Xfinity TV Remote" app works for scheduling recordings on my system. It's a horrible app for scheduling, but it does recognize my DVR. That tells me that there is just some improper configuration on your account that tech support did not solve for you. And yes, the "Xfinity TV" app will allow you to schedule recordings only on X1 DVRs, but it definitely isn't new (been out for over 2 years), and it too is a horrible experience especially when trying to schedule shows for an entire week.

Regular Contributor

The version level for me also for the TV Remote App displays as 3.0.0.028....

Regular Contributor

I also have scheduled a RECORDING of a show using this level of the app to one of my DVR boxes earlier today ...

Official Employee
Moved: