Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Netflix under apps on TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Netflix under apps on TV

I see that under apps on our TV there is Netflix. I thought we got something on the TV when I was thinking about streaming, about 30 day free trial or something so I watched what I thought was a movie through Netflix on the TV through that app. But when I talk to Netflix, they know nothing about it. So was this something I signed up for through Xfinity? I'd like to know what this is and what I'll be billed. My bill paid recently was the same as always (w/ Xfinity). 

Expert

Re: Netflix under apps on TV

harjan wrote:

I see that under apps on our TV there is Netflix. I thought we got something on the TV when I was thinking about streaming, about 30 day free trial or something so I watched what I thought was a movie through Netflix on the TV through that app. But when I talk to Netflix, they know nothing about it. So was this something I signed up for through Xfinity? I'd like to know what this is and what I'll be billed. My bill paid recently was the same as always (w/ Xfinity). 

This is a new agreement between Netflix & Comcast to offer Netflix as an APP through the X1 platform only.  If you signed up for the free 30-day trial, you are authorizing Comcast to bill you for the Netflix contract at the end of that trial so it will not appear on your bill at this time.