Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Live Steam app says I'm not an Xfinity user.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Live Steam app says I'm not an Xfinity user.

I'm having trouble logging onto the app itself to get the benefits for my trial. It says I logged on succesfully, but am not a current Xfinity user. Which I am otherwise this would not be an option for me. I have a free trial of Live Steam and havent even been able to use it because of this issue. I've called and nobody has been able to help.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Live Steam app says I'm not an Xfinity user.

brianaray83 wrote:
I'm having trouble logging onto the app itself to get the benefits for my trial. It says I logged on succesfully, but am not a current Xfinity user. Which I am otherwise this would not be an option for me. I have a free trial of Live Steam and havent even been able to use it because of this issue. I've called and nobody has been able to help.

are you connected to your own home internet?

All Replies
Expert

brianaray83 wrote:

are you connected to your own home internet?

New Poster

Yes And still does not work
Expert

brianaray83 wrote:
Yes And still does not work

would you run and check the equipment serial numbers for the internet tab for the modem? please do not reply with specific numbers, just need to be sure they match.

New Poster

I have no idea what you mean by that.
Expert

brianaray83 wrote:
I have no idea what you mean by that.

then please verify that you subscribe to the X1 entertainment system? Does your question actually refer to the Xfinity Stream TV app? Is the device an iOS or android? 

New Poster

Yes just the app on my Android. Samsung galaxy s8 so it isnt an outdated device. Am I suppose to stream it from the device I use for my tv? Because when I asked customer service she told me to stream it from my phone.
Expert

brianaray83 wrote:
Yes just the app on my Android. Samsung galaxy s8 so it isnt an outdated device. Am I suppose to stream it from the device I use for my tv? Because when I asked customer service she told me to stream it from my phone.

please install the xfinity My Account app on your android. After logging in touch the 'internet' tab > cable modem > look at serial number and compare to the serial number on the modem/gateway (the box the coax goes to for your internet).

New Poster

Yes it referes to the app itself. It says iI logged in succesfully but I'm not a current xfinity user.