Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Latest update v4.6 of Streaming app Oct 19 2017 for Apple devices doesnt recognize home Wifi network

Frequent Visitor

Latest update v4.6 of Streaming app Oct 19 2017 for Apple devices doesnt recognize home Wifi network

I updated my iphone 7 streaming app to latest version v4.6 dated Oct 19 2017. Streaming up does not recognize my Wifi network. I rebooted my iphone and router but no help. I also deleted and reinstalled the app without any luck. I then tried my ipad which was still on the older IOS version of the app v4.5. Everything was fine with v4.5 and my wifi network was recognized. Then I updated the ipad to v4.6 of the app and the error now also shows up there also. I called into Comcast and had them open up a ticket.

iPhone 7 is at IOS 10.3.3

iPad Air is at IOS 11.0.2

Expert

Re: Latest update v4.6 of Streaming app Oct 19 2017 for Apple devices doesnt recognize home Wifi net

bnc wrote:

I updated my iphone 7 streaming app to latest version v4.6 dated Oct 19 2017. Streaming up does not recognize my Wifi network. I rebooted my iphone and router but no help. I also deleted and reinstalled the app without any luck. I then tried my ipad which was still on the older IOS version of the app v4.5. Everything was fine with v4.5 and my wifi network was recognized. Then I updated the ipad to v4.6 of the app and the error now also shows up there also. I called into Comcast and had them open up a ticket.

iPhone 7 is at IOS 10.3.3

iPad Air is at IOS 11.0.2

I didn't have that issue with an ipad mini 2 nor an iphone 7+. The standard fix is to turn off wifi and launch the app. then turn on wifi again and select the menu for recordings or live TV and see if your access returns to normal while in the home.