Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How to wirelessly air TV on my property (long distance)

New Poster

How to wirelessly air TV on my property (long distance)

So I have a covered porch about 1 acre from my house. I have an ultra router I purchased that gets a great signal there. 

When football season starts I want to be able to watch with friends. I regularly sit out there and watch NFL Red Zone on my ipad, but want to be able to watch it with a TV.

I tried running cable but couldn't get a good enough signal for HD. I had comcast come out and they told me it was too far from the main unit to run the signal. 

Is there any other way you can think of to get Red Zone out there? I have the internet on my home network but can't seem to find a way, I see the app isn't on Apple TV, and Roku is still in beta (or has that been released officially now?) 

I don't want to have to resort to getting dish network out there. Thanks! 

Also on a side note: I notice local games like on ESPN etc, don't show up on the stream app, the preseason game I could get on TV, but when trying to watch on my tablet the channel didn't even exist?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How to wirelessly air TV on my property (long distance)

Maelleous wrote:

So I have a covered porch about 1 acre from my house. I have an ultra router I purchased that gets a great signal there. 

When football season starts I want to be able to watch with friends. I regularly sit out there and watch NFL Red Zone on my ipad, but want to be able to watch it with a TV.

I tried running cable but couldn't get a good enough signal for HD. I had comcast come out and they told me it was too far from the main unit to run the signal. 

Is there any other way you can think of to get Red Zone out there? I have the internet on my home network but can't seem to find a way, I see the app isn't on Apple TV, and Roku is still in beta (or has that been released officially now?) 

I don't want to have to resort to getting dish network out there. Thanks! 

Also on a side note: I notice local games like on ESPN etc, don't show up on the stream app, the preseason game I could get on TV, but when trying to watch on my tablet the channel didn't even exist?

If you can stream to your ipad out there, get a laptop with hdmi output and connect it to a tv. Streaming to a pc connected to a tv works.

New Poster

Re: How to wirelessly air TV on my property (long distance)

That's a great idea! Thanks!