Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

How do I stream so that it's viewed on my tv?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

How do I stream so that it's viewed on my tv?

I'm new to streaming movies and don't know all the bells, tricks, etc. Is it possiable to stream from my iPad so that it shows on the tv?

Official Employee

Re: How do I stream so that it's viewed on my tv?

mgmex47 wrote:

I'm new to streaming movies and don't know all the bells, tricks, etc. Is it possiable to stream from my iPad so that it shows on the tv?

I'm sorry but streaming to an external display from our mobile app is not allowed due to programmer license restrictions. It is possible to connect a laptop/computer to your TV via HDMI cable by using the https://tv.xfinity.com website (not available on mobile devices).

-ComcastDan

New Poster

I would love to say that Comcasts responce is abusrd. Here have an app that you can mostly get on a mobile devices, but don't hook that device to your tv. Instead we're going to make sure that if you do it won't play and instead get a laptop, Roku or pay our fee of 10 dollars for a box. Disgusting company. Disgusting ethics. 

Expert

Bulreich wrote:

I would love to say that Comcasts responce is abusrd. Here have an app that you can mostly get on a mobile devices, but don't hook that device to your tv. Instead we're going to make sure that if you do it won't play and instead get a laptop, Roku or pay our fee of 10 dollars for a box. Disgusting company. Disgusting ethics. 

laptop/desktop PCs basically are grandfathered as the HDMI connector is considered another computer screen. You might want to try the ROKU beta test of the Xfinity Stream app but do note that it is only for in-the-home use not remote use.