Community Forum

Error code 32551

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Error code 32551

My husband and I keep getting this error code when logging into the app. We can't control anything from our phones and we have tried all the trouble shoot options. Any suggestions?
Contributor

Re: Error code 32551

I've been getting the same thing since Saturday. App says disconnected and the touch screen cannot connect to anything. I cannot get past where you enter your code. After that it gets stuck on loading the content. Have you had any resolutions? I have a tech coming out tonight but they usually are a waste of time.
Official Employee

Hi,

Error 32551 indicates that the touchscreen panel is disconnected. You may have lost internet connectivity or the touchscreen may have become unplugged. 

Please check both before trying to use the app again. 

Shannon

New Poster

My touchscreen is powered. I'm still getting the error. Please assist
Contributor

Tech came out and removed the batteries from the touch screen. Do that and reboot your routers and modem. That should fix it
Frequent Visitor

Perform a network refresh.

1. Unplug modem/personal router or Xfinity Wireless Gateway
    2. Unplug the Xfinity Home Security Netgear hub (has blinking blue light and usually 3 green lights)
    3. In order, let the Internet modem/Xfinity Wireless Gateway fully boot until established. 
    4. Next, power up your personal router if you have one, if no personal router then proceed.
    5. Verify the internet connection is good by testing with your personal computer.
    6. Plug in your Xfinity Home Security Netgear hub power and wait for the blue light to come back and blink to know when it is done.
    7. Reboot touchscreen : Settings > Advanced Settings > Reboot Touchscreen , wait 2-3 minutes until it comes back to normal dashboard screen.
    8. Test connectivity using Settings > Advanced Settings > Connectivity > Test Connectivity
    9. Test Subscriber Portal access https://www.xfinity.com/xhsportal via full web browser to make sure your account is accessible.
    10. Finally test your Xfinity Home Mobile application access.

Make sure you verify you have working data plan and/or working WiFi connection when testing. 

If this does not help in the exact order I given, give support a call 1800COMCAST the technicians are available 24/7 and can even connect to your computer to help you learn how to get the best out of your security system features!

Happy Security!

-SomeAgentOutThere

Contributor

I did all that and it was not working still. Trust me.. Unplug the unit and pull the batteries. Save yourself the trouble
New Poster

Save yourself some trouble and pull the battery and reboot the system. 

Frequent Visitor

I did all that. Reset and unplug batteries .. still does not work. Called and waited 30 mins for live support and no-one answered. It's three hrs before I have to go to work so I hung up. 24hrs service I see.
Contributor

Same thing here.

Done the full reset, fully re-setup the network, rebooted and powered off the touch screen multiple times....

The panel shows Broadband and Cellular is offline....but I can see my cameras on the panel, so the local wifi network is working.

Xfinity support is worthless, been on hold for hours.

New Poster

I'm having same issue in Denver.  Maybe it's some sort of overnight maintenance?

New Poster

Mine is actually working now  *shrugs* ?

Contributor

This is what we had to do to fix it.  Patience is required the 100% right order has to be followed.

1.  Unplug power from cable modem, Netgear Home Router and your wifi router if you have one.

2.  Let sit for 2 minutes.

3.  Turn on cable modem.  Wait for all lights to be blinking

4.  Turn on Netgear home router.  Wait for blue WIFI light to be flashing.

5.  Turn on your Wifi router

6.  Grab your panel, go into settings, open setting, put countdown 4 digit tech code in  (think space shuttle launch after the number 5)

7.  After code entered, press the letter Y and hit done.

8.  Go into Advanced Settings and do a full network reset.  Follow the steps.

9.  After all that is done, wait 20 minutes or so for everythign to come back online.

That worked for me.  4 hours on hold with Xfinity, not a single tech available (!@#$@#!$, THIS IS ALARM STUFF IT HAS TO WORK).

Good luck.

New Poster

Thanks Mackie1604, I just did what you said and it worked.

Frequent Visitor

I had same problem 3 days ago, nathing seem to work, only I took out the battery from the touch screen and reinstall again and every thing started normal.
Official Employee

Hi LilianaG - 

Are you still experiencing the 32551 error or did removing & replacing the battery correct your issue?

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Rachel my problems fixed after I removed and replaced the battery.
Official Employee

LilianaG -

Great - thanks for the update!

Rachel