Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

DVR Manager with TV Remote App: COMPLETE FAIL!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

DVR Manager with TV Remote App: COMPLETE FAIL!

Last month, with the trashing of DVR Management (non-X1) from the website, over and over again we were told to use the "new" TV Remote App. I have both an Android and iPAD loaded with the "smart" app. Initially, the iPAD worked (sort of). The Android was a complete fail at start-up. Following an update to the Android app, it also worked, albeit, very unreliably.

The last few weeks, the Android app has continuously shown scheduled recordings in varying degrees, mostly very inaccurately. Yesterday, both the iPAD and Android apps are now declaring that I have nothing scheduled and I should "put my DVR to work!!!!". This is an instance of having a single DVR, which is scheduled with dozens of programs, many being series recordings.

Export-1.jpg

Export-2.jpg

During this time, I have also noticed that the standard method of scheduling, using the actual remote, has been resulting in considerable flakiness. Existing series recording is not working in many instances, marking a program for series recording is not taking effect, I have to mark it as a single recording. Etc., etc., etc.....

I am absolutely appalled by what Comcast is doing with the amount of money that I'm pouring into their coffers each month. Being an embedded software engineer, makes it only worse! Improve this pile, or I will be looking elsewhere.

And don't even think of suggesting that I "upgrade" to X1!!!

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager with TV Remote App: COMPLETE FAIL!

plummerl wrote:

Last month, with the trashing of DVR Management (non-X1) from the website, over and over again we were told to use the "new" TV Remote App. I have both an Android and iPAD loaded with the "smart" app. Initially, the iPAD worked (sort of). The Android was a complete fail at start-up. Following an update to the Android app, it also worked, albeit, very unreliably.

The last few weeks, the Android app has continuously shown scheduled recordings in varying degrees, mostly very inaccurately. Yesterday, both the iPAD and Android apps are now declaring that I have nothing scheduled and I should "put my DVR to work!!!!". This is an instance of having a single DVR, which is scheduled with dozens of programs, many being series recordings.

Export-1.jpg

Export-2.jpg

During this time, I have also noticed that the standard method of scheduling, using the actual remote, has been resulting in considerable flakiness. Existing series recording is not working in many instances, marking a program for series recording is not taking effect, I have to mark it as a single recording. Etc., etc., etc.....

I am absolutely appalled by what Comcast is doing with the amount of money that I'm pouring into their coffers each month. Being an embedded software engineer, makes it only worse! Improve this pile, or I will be looking elsewhere.

And don't even think of suggesting that I "upgrade" to X1!!!

I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty. Can you PM me your username and I'll see if someone on the technical team can look at the logs to understand what is happening with the TV Remote app.