Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Cannot login to mobile app when CPE is down

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Cannot login to mobile app when CPE is down

Noticed a pretty bad flaw in Xfinity's home security this morning.  For some reason the "CPE" went down -- naturally I wasn't alerted to this situation until I tried to use the mobile app.  Kept on giving me an error when trying to login.

I was able to login on the website with the same username and password and that's when I saw the CPE issue.  I had to go home and put a paperclip in the touchscreen to fix -- that doesn't really seem like a robust system.

Then I was able to use the mobile app.

There's a whole bunch of fail here on Comcast's side.  To add to that my home internet went down during troubleshooting.  No one at comcast can tell me why.

Oh and when I called about the home security problem I was routed over to some customer care line where the guy wanted to reduce my bill.  I just want this expensive buggy system to work.

Official Employee

Re: Cannot login to mobile app when CPE is down

Hi chris3 -- 

The trouble you are experiencing may be due in part to the wider issue posted in this pinned thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XH-Mobile-App/Intermittent-Issues-with-Xfinity-Home-Mobile-App/td-p/253...

We'd like to know if you are still experiencing these issues.  If so, then we can proceed to open a ticket.

Thanks!

Rachel