Community Forum

Cable box location

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cable box location

I want to locate my tv above the fireplace but do not know what to do with the cable box. Does Comcast have a receiver like Amozon Fire Stick that attaches to the tv and locate the box somewhere in the room? Can the box be located behind the tv to the wall mount? Anyone have any ideas?

Expert

Re: Cable box location

joewis wrote:

I want to locate my tv above the fireplace but do not know what to do with the cable box. Does Comcast have a receiver like Amozon Fire Stick that attaches to the tv and locate the box somewhere in the room? Can the box be located behind the tv to the wall mount? Anyone have any ideas?

The Roku is currently in beta (free use of it while in beta) and device should handle the need if you have a good wifi signal to the Roku. Comcast is currently trying out a wireless set top box but it is only available in a handful of cities right now and requires a special rented gateway (modem/router/wifi access point).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).