Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

App will not stream due to licensing issue?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

App will not stream due to licensing issue?

Currently I can not stream any content on my phone cuz the app keeps telling me that there is a license issue and to disconnect all external devices and airplay then try again. I’ve checked all my settings and have no devices connected for airplay and no mirroring cut on. Is this a issue with the current version due to the new iOS 11? Is there any way to bypass the issue or a setting that can be changed in the app the bypass this issue?
Expert

Re: App will not stream due to licensing issue?

Poppaclos wrote:
Currently I can not stream any content on my phone cuz the app keeps telling me that there is a license issue and to disconnect all external devices and airplay then try again. I’ve checked all my settings and have no devices connected for airplay and no mirroring cut on. Is this a issue with the current version due to the new iOS 11? Is there any way to bypass the issue or a setting that can be changed in the app the bypass this issue?

what version of iOS? what version of the app? is your device jail-broken? have you tried another iOS or android device?  The error you are seeing is generated by the Digital Rights Management system and the device is reporting some version of HDMI connected device or an app that is streaming the display screen to another device.