Community Forum

Android MyAccount App won't allow login

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Android MyAccount App won't allow login

Installed MyAccount app on android phone.  When I select login, it redirects me to a webpage in firefox.  If I haven't logged in recently, it responds with a 'moved' error code, which will reopen the myAccount app, which is still sitting on the login page.  If you hare already logged in on the browser, you will get a message 'You are already logged in' and a continue button that also goes back to the my account app, still stuck on the login screen.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no difference.

Contributor

Re: Android MyAccount App won't allow login

I have the same problem. No response?

Expert

try changing default browser to chrome or copy the url to chrome?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Same issue  No help from chat support

Official Employee

Hello all,

If you are still experiencing issues with My Account app on Android platform, please try the solution provided by expert Rustyben.

If it won't help or you get a different error message, please send me a private message with your Comcast username, and I will take a look.  

Click on my name "ComcastElla", then click "Private Message". 

Frequent Visitor

I tried the Google Chrome suggestion, and it works.

New Poster

Hello. So you uninstalled & reinstalled the 'my account' app? I tried to uninstall that useless app but it doesn't appear in my application manager under 'all apps', or anywhere else for that matter. Google searches strangely return hits that are 99% links to xfinity sites.
Expert

JStar1 wrote:
Hello. So you uninstalled & reinstalled the 'my account' app? I tried to uninstall that useless app but it doesn't appear in my application manager under 'all apps', or anywhere else for that matter. Google searches strangely return hits that are 99% links to xfinity sites.

the app is now a white background icon instead of black.  I like the app as it gives current internet bytes usage, and ability to set up a call back for service. The app gives you access to your previous bills, and any outages in my service area.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.