Community Forum

password manager problem after Norton update

Frequent Visitor

password manager problem after Norton update

I couldn't sign into my PW managerr after an automatic update to xfinity/norton software,so I deleted the PW manager and tried creating a new one from a backup and I keep getting this message for about a week now.xfinity1.JPG

Expert

Re: password manager problem after Norton update

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!

@tattooDan

While we wait for a screenshot, please tell us which browser is your default browser and also your operating system.

From the main page of your Norton,  please select Help > About and tell us the version of your product.  The most recent version is 22.16.2.22.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Google Chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10 64bit

Norton  Security Suite  V 22.16.2.22

thanks for the fast replies so far,and I have been using this suite/PW manager for years and for a year on this new computer with no problems until last weeks update.

I think you can see the screen shot now ?

also,I can sign into my online norton account no problem.

and I have re-tried this everyday .

@tattooDan

Just to verify, it sounds like you were using a Local Vault and now it is asking for a password to set up an Onlne (Cloud) Vault.

Please see the following link for more info regarding the Compatibility of Norton Password Manager with Google Chrome:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v125566167_EndUserProfile_en_us

<EDIT> Are you using a Windows Account with administrative priveldges when attempting to create a new password?

Frequent Visitor

Hi, Smiley Happy yes I have admin priveleges ,and I could never get the local backup to import into the new PWM,so I just brought in all the chrome data and that's it.

thanks for the help.

Glad you got it sorted.