Community Forum

how do i block harrassment online

Frequent Visitor

how do i block harrassment online

i am being harrassed by a so called security system that i once was looking at .not knowing there was a charge...then i decided i did not want them and now they will not leave me alone!! i wrote them directly and they responded by saying my name was removed from thier list but that itmight take up to 10 days to do this..yet they still keep bothering me..every day several messages come thru..not in my email but whatever site i may be lookilng at..asking me if i want to download or check computer..scan in other words for any viruses, etc. i reproted them even to you at comcast asking for them to be blocked but that did not happen either..what can i do to get rid of this intruder because i do feel they are harasing me now.??

Regular Contributor

Re: how do i block harrassment online

"not in my email but whatever site i may be lookilng at"

It sounds as if you are trying to say that you are seeing popups on your computer, which is a form of malware. There are several websites that specialize in malware removal at no cost to you. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/Where-to-Seek-Malware-Removal-As...

<--> U.S. Navy Vietnam Era veteran. You're welcome. <-->