Community Forum

desktop display icons show a grey x in the lower left portion of icon displays

New Poster

desktop display icons show a grey x in the lower left portion of icon displays

When I loaded Norton, the initial display was normal. Later, the grey x's appeared in the lower left display of the icons in my desktop display. Is this associated with Norton? If so, how can this be resolved?

Re: desktop display icons show a grey x in the lower left portion of icon displays

Found the following - no guarantee on the fix, and not responsible for the results, but perhaps may help you:

https://scottiestech.info/2016/02/07/fix-the-grey-x-on-shortcut-icons-in-windows/

Try to Google it as there are other results for the gray X.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: desktop display icons show a grey x in the lower left portion of icon displays

The fix you referenced did not work. "Open with" did not show. Refresh did not work either. Still have the grey x in the lower left corner of certain icons.

Not trying to be a butt head, but did you read the entire thread I referenced above - much farther down the thread it mentions One Drive and updates - have you verified none of the other suggestions fixed yours?

Just trying to be helpful.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!