Community Forum

bundled Norton Security Ultra expired, but still functioning?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

bundled Norton Security Ultra expired, but still functioning?

I set up a new Acer Windows 10 computer a month ago to replace my old Acer Windows 7 computer, and it came bundled with Norton Security Ultra (was that Acer or Windows, I can't remember), but according to notification, it expired (about a week ago) YET IT STILL APPEARS TO BE WORKING, all functions (updates, scans, settings menu indications) still on.

Should I let it be, i.e. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," or should I uninstall it and download NSO from comcast?

Or did Comcast recognize that I am an Xfinity customer, and just replaced NSU with NSO, even though the Norton Security Ultra name remains?

Highlighted

Re: bundled Norton Security Ultra expired, but still functioning?

@Bohandas 

@Bohandas wrote:

I set up a new Acer Windows 10 computer a month ago to replace my old Acer Windows 7 computer, and it came bundled with Norton Security Ultra (was that Acer or Windows, I can't remember), It was in fact an ACER Exclusive and there is an image of Security Ultra on the web following web page.    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/norton

but according to notification, it expired (about a week ago) YET IT STILL APPEARS TO BE WORKING, all functions (updates, scans, settings menu indications) still on.  That is really weird.

Should I let it be, i.e. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," or should I uninstall it and download NSO from comcast?  If it were my system, I would uninstall using the Advanced Opotion  of the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool and  download and install  NSO.

Or did Comcast recognize that I am an Xfinity customer, and just replaced NSU with NSO, even though the Norton Security Ultra name remains?  No way did Comcast do it on it's own.

Pease go to the following link for the removal of NSU:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881

Scroll down to the "I need help removing Norton" Section
Complete Steps 1 thru 7.

After restart follow the steps in the following link:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20090225160423EN

Please let us know if this got your sorted out.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: bundled Norton Security Ultra expired, but still functioning?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yes, it is really weird. Windows security still keeps telling me "no action needed" and "Norton Security Ultra is on" and I can still get updates, do scans, etc. all under the heading of Norton Security Ultra. Even after I get the "expired" warning window every time I open it up!

But instead of thinking that somehow my system luckily "fell through the cracks" I will follow your recommendations.