Community Forum

blocking website still not working

thzeller
New Poster

blocking website still not working

Is there any update re: this post: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/Re-Parental-Control-Failure-Cannot-block-websites-through-...

?

The last message from April indicated that tech support was working on a solution.  HoweverI am still unable to block youtube using parental controls.

wifidad
New Poster

Re: blocking website still not working

Seen a lot of these that seem to have been forgotten.  I cannot block websites following the Xfinity's guide, using their router.   All devices seem to have access even when blocked by site, keyword, etc.  Please fix so a blocked website truely remains blocked on my network.  

USAF_E-8_RET
Expert

@thzeller 

I have queried Comcast Josh for an update.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
amitf
New Poster

same issue for me... any help here? 

amitf
New Poster

@ComcastJosh  any idea if this was resolved? 

USAF_E-8_RET
Expert

Received the following info from ComcastJessie - which may assist:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-up-parental-controls-with-comcast-networking

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
macrophotog
Frequent Visitor

Nope - that link is a great set of instructions for a product that does NOT work. If it worked according to the claims, and according to the set up stated on that link, then Xfinity would have achieved a great product for parental controls. But, unfortunately, the whole system does not work as they claim it does.

19eighty
New Poster

Once you setup the sites you want blocked you have to login to your xfinity app/ account and select the device to apply changes to. Assign that device either as a guest or to your household then open activity settings and turn on parental controls
gltombaugh
New Poster

This solution is still not working 😞

huskyhockey
New Poster

@ComcastJosh - do you have any update? It looks like you closed down the previous thread. With everyone distance learning, this is more important now more than ever.

Redbaron2k2
New Poster

Yeah, end of the year and it's still not working. 

Redbaron2k2_0-1608658333485.png

Here are all the sites I blocked plus I blocked the keyword youtube and still my kids chromebooks from their school are free to watch to their hearts content while they should be in zoom calls.