Community Forum

Xfinity customers lose internet safety, Norton no longer free

hamcam21
New Poster

Xfinity customers lose internet safety, Norton no longer free

I am a visual person and all this reading about how to fix things and no real person to talk with burns my buns.  I have tried to contact Xfinity numerous times about their December 11th email.  I do not have numerous items connected to my internet.  However, I have always felt secure with Norton...now, I'm not even sure how to get the Security from Xfinity.  I would love to talk with someone and ask about Xfi Advanced Security and/or going with Norton. Is the xFi as good as Norton? Their notice on the 11th is pretty confusing.  What have other people done?  My notice says I can have xFi for free, but...do I have it?  Is it automatic?  If it's a download...I have everything on my desk computer...all they talk about is cell phones.  Thanks for any direction you can give me.

Cubsfan63
New Poster

Re: Xfinity customers lose internet safety, Norton no longer free

i just found out today Norton is no longer available. This billion dollar company just ended my antivirus AND raised my bill. Unfortunately I have very few choices for internet in my neighborhood until AT&T brings in fiber-optic lines. 

I dont expect Comcast to respond to this. They dont care. 

kimochi1777
Contributor

After the issue with norton, ive dropped them altogether. And went with trend micro max full version. I got the paid version free on one of those paid softwares giveaway sites. But for limited time. I think ill buy the full version at store and stick with trend. Or go with IOBIT.

BonnieArger
New Poster

Agree 100%. confusing and elusive. they don't care.

BonnieArger
New Poster

100% agreement. Bill goes up, services go down.

rightfooted
Expert

If you're using a Windows 10 computer, it has Windows Security built it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/stay-protected-with-windows-security-2ae0363d-0ada-c064-...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!