Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Fraud

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Fraud

I receivied an email saying Xfinity Mobile is processing my order.  Initially I called the number on the email and when they asked for the last for digits of my social I refused to give it saying I was uncomfortable.  The girl kind of snickered and said they couldn't access my account without that information.  I hung up and Googled Xfinity Mobile and used the chat session without providing any credit information.  She then referred me to a fraud number which appears to be different than the one listed when I Googled Xfinity Fraud.  How can I be sure that I have reached the correct location?

The man on the phone took my account number, told me to change my password and said that I didn't have to worry about any of my credit being compromised.  I did not get a file number to reference my fraud claim - he told me I could just call back at any time to check the status.  To the best of my knowledge I do not have any credit saved with Xfinity.

I am concerned that my credit has been breached.  Can anyone suggest anything else I can do to be sure Xfinity has received my fraud claim and that my credit has not been compromised?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Mobile Fraud

TBPhineas, We do have a new department that went active earlier this week that may not have their info public yet. I believe you were referred to them. I can check the status of your fraud review. Just send me a private message with your full name, address and account number. 

Additionally, I can't tell if your credit has been compromised or not. I suggest monitoring your credit report for any suspicious activity if you are concerned about that. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Xfinity Mobile Fraud