Community Forum

Xfinity Constant Guard blocking sites!!!

New Poster

Xfinity Constant Guard blocking sites!!!

Xfinity has a pop up that just recently started to happen on all computers, cell phones, tablets, anything connected to our internet. The pop up comes up and nothing will load cant click on anything which is affecting my work at home and overall internet use. Comes up and says Xfinity ConstantGuard Bot Alert. Dear customer, Constant guard from xfinity has deteced a bot on your computer(s). Click "TAKE ACTION NOW" button to get important information on next steps. This sometimes takes me to a page giving me steps to download a secruity like norton on my computer to remove so called "bot". Now you may think im a clueless individual but this is the biggest scam i have ever seen and want it removed or given a way to disable this constant guard. I know how these terrible spyware programs work, you download them computer stops working then all of a sudden norton "sees the problem" and if you pay 5 dollars the program will fix the issue. Give me a break. Ive seen your respones to others to just download the software and it will fix the issue just follow our steps. NO. If there is any way to get rid of this issue outside of downloading your paid promotion scam id be greatful. If there is no way to remove this ill be dropping comcast and getting another provider! 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Constant Guard blocking sites!!!

Well looks like no one can help me. Bye xfinity.