Community Forum

Wondering About Norton ISO

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wondering About Norton ISO

Hello. I'm a fairly new Xfinity customer (about 7 months). I just installed Norton ISO a week ago after using Window Defender (Windows 10) for what seems forever. I've never had an infection while using it. I also use Malwarebytes Pro. 

I've been reading some of the earlier posts here about Norton. Most of them are about problems with it or how to uninstall it. It's kind of troubling to read. I haven't had any issues with Norton since installing it. No computer slow downs. But now wondering if I should stay with Norton ISO or go back to Windows Defender.

Anyone here with some positives about NortonISO? 🙂 

Highlighted

Re: Wondering About Norton ISO

@Vito218 

First of all, Norton Security Online has replaced the older Norton Security Suite - so any situations you have read about on these boards need to be thought of as older version vice the current version.  Not all situations you read about may apply to the current version of Norton.  Also there have been many posts regarding deactivation of Norton (subscription expired) and most of them  were caused by a glitch between the Xfinity customer base and Norton's user data base.  These data bases are used to verify you are still an Xfinity customer and entitled to us NSO for free.

I see you are running Malwarebytes Pro.  There is mixed feelings on the "Pro" version - many users are running it without any conflict with Norton, while some do experience conflicts.   I run the Malwarebytes FREE on an as required second opinion scanner and have never had any conflicts.

I have used Norton products for many years (currently using both Retail and Xfinity on different systems) and have not had any security situations.  Yes, there have been some situations caused by updtes to either the OS or  Norton - but Norotn's are usually quickly corrected or a work around is provided.

I do have Windows Defender disabled on my systems.

If you have any specific questions regarding Norton and it's protection, please ask!

Bottom lline to me is that you need to use whatever gives you the greatest peace of mind and plays nicely on your system.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

From one USAF vet to another, thanks for replying to my post. It was helpful. I do feel more secure with Norton running on my PC, especially with its firewall.  As I said in my original post, I've had no problems since installing Norton ISO. 

The reason I am using Malwarebytes Pro is because I thought it would be an extra piece of security to back up Windows Defender. I have read several comments and reviews on Windows Defender when I first started using it, and almost all recommended Malwarebytes free and Pro when running Windows Defender. I may consider going with the free version after my subscription ends.

Highlighted

@Vito218 

Thank you for your service as well!

Glad the info was helpful and you feel secure - you know where to find us if you got more questions!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!