Community Forum

Uninstalling McAfee and installing Norton Security Suite

New Poster

Uninstalling McAfee and installing Norton Security Suite

I am trying to find out how to completely uninstall McAfee and install Norton Security Suite. I did not know that Comcast or Xfinity or both had changed their virus protection from McAfee to Norton Security Suite until I saw the Norton icon on my homepage. I compared and wanted to try the Norton but I cannot find out for sure how this is done. I read online where you have to completely uninstall McAfee so I guess I can't just go in and uninstall the program because I have heard that this does not completely uninstall the McAfee program. I contacted Xfinity through the internet chat and was given the link to where you go to install Norton but was not explained how to completely unistall McAfee. Can someone please help?

Re: Uninstalling McAfee and installing Norton Security Suite

Hi AngelLynne,

The following link provdes instructions for the initial installation of Norton Security Suite provided by Comcast.  Following the links on the Kasperky site will provide th too and instructions for completely uninstalling your current McAfee using their MCPR Tool.  As you have seen it is necessary to completely remove any previous Antivirus program prior to installing Norton.

http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite/...

Please let us know how things go and if you have ay more questions - we're here to help.