Community Forum

SPAM OR NOT

Frequent Visitor

SPAM OR NOT

All I want is for Comcast  to verify if they sent this email.  I did not sign anything with the company mentioned in the message. I never heard of them.  I do not want my email account stopped.  I need it for my work. 

Please verify this. In the meantime it is going to the SPAM folder

PJRB

Re: SPAM OR NOT

Perhaps if you told us "WHAT" you received, we'd be able to assist you.  The company?  Account stopped?

SPAM folder sounds like a good location if you have any doubts about the validity of the email.

Some of the following info may be helpful:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-Comcast-Email-Phish-or-Legit-How-to-Tell-and-rules/ta...

Regular Contributor

Yes, following up on what the other replier said, it would help if you post a screenshot of the email or email header showing who sent the email.  Being a Regular Visitor to the site, you should know that providing a complete description or documentation of an issue is really needed for better assistance. 

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Frequent Visitor

thank you so very much with your answer and the guide lines.  I am keeping a copy for future reference.    Without realizing it and basing on strictly common sense I put it in the spam folder immediately.  I have not had any issues with my computer since.   thank you again.    You are much better than the average computer user  I can gaurantee you that  USAF_E-8_RET